NEED INFO ON LISTSERV FOR VAX/VMS

Post by Casey Carvalh » Thu, 07 Apr 1994 23:55:40

> Subject: NEED INFO ON LISTSERV FOR VAX/VMS
>      Does anyone know what software is needed to
> set up a listserver on a vax 6210?   We are running
> vms 5.5-2 with tgv multinet.

Your best bet would be PMDF from Innosoft.  It contains a mailing list
utility
which provides you with similar functionality to LISTSERV.  I have also heard
about a public domain product which can do list management.  It is called MX,
I believe.

BTW, it is my understandig that LISTSERV is no longer a PD/shareware utility
and is being commercially improved on for future release on the VMS and Unix
platforms.

Regards,

Acacio (Casey) Carvalho
VMS Technical Support
York University
North York, Ont. Canada

Post by J. R. Valver » Thu, 14 Apr 1994 13:10:34

> Subject: NEED INFO ON LISTSERV FOR VAX/VMS
>      Does anyone know what software is needed to
> set up a listserver on a vax 6210?   We are running
> vms 5.5-2 with tgv multinet.

IMHO, the best way is to set up the MX mailer on your VAX. It will run
over most IP packages (including Multinet), and supports LISTSERV,
and file server NETSERV.

It's public domain and pretty easy to install. I've been running the
last versions of it for a lot of time with no problem up to date.

                                  jr

NEED INFO ON LISTSERV FOR VAX/VMS

Post by Brian Tillm » Fri, 15 Apr 1994 22:57:02

Quote:

>IMHO, the best way is to set up the MX mailer on your VAX. It will run
>over most IP packages (including Multinet), and supports LISTSERV,
>and file server NETSERV.

>It's public domain and pretty easy to install. I've been running the
>last versions of it for a lot of time with no problem up to date.

Correction:  My copy of MX says: "Copyright (c) 1994 MadGoat Software.  All
rights reserved."  MX is *NOT* public domain.

However, MX also says: "Permission is granted to copy and redistribute for no
commercial gain."  So, while the package is a copyrighted package, it can also
be freely distributed.

-----------------------------+--------------------------------

 4141 Eastern Ave., MS129    | Hey, I said this stuff myself.
 Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8727 | My company has no part in it.
-----------------------------+--------------------------------

NEED INFO ON LISTSERV FOR VAX/VMS

Post by s97he.. » Mon, 18 Apr 1994 07:58:16

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of MX or Listserv for VMS?

Thanks,

Kari Heber

Post by J. R. Valver » Tue, 19 Apr 1994 07:34:18

> Does anyone know where I can get a copy of MX or Listserv for VMS?

> Thanks,

> Kari Heber

IMHO, the best place to start on this is the MX discussion newsgroup,
vmsnet.mail.mx

I have the but-last release available from my server (Marduk.iib.uam.es),
and will try to update soon to the latest version.

The version I have is MX-04.0. I remember having seen on the mx newsgroup
that the newer MX-04.0-1 is available from a number of sites, but can't
remember where. Anyway, they only display minor differences.

Hope this helps,

                             jr

1. NEED INFO ON LISTSERV FOR VAX/VMS

That's MX V4.1, not 4.0-1.  It's available from many sites, but the "home"
site is ftp.wku.edu:[.mx]

-----------------------------+--------------------------------

 4141 Eastern Ave., MS129    | Hey, I said this stuff myself.
 Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8727 | My company has no part in it.

2. production mode in SPSS 8.0

3. Need info on Pager software for VAX/VMS

4. http get request Ipaq 3660

5. Info-VAX: Introduction to Info-VAX

6. Matlab6 and Windows2000 Thai edition

7. send <info-vax>info-vax.archive.1

8. Info-VAX: Introduction to Info-VAX (FAQ part 1)