Josh Fisher of HP Labs receives Eckert-Mauchly Award

Josh Fisher of HP Labs receives Eckert-Mauchly Award

Post by Keith Parr » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:14:54

The Association for Computing Machinery (www.acm.org) and the IEEE
Computer Society (www.computer.org) presented the Eckert-Mauchly Award
to HP Labs senior fellow Joseph A. (Josh) Fisher of HP Labs "in
recognition of 25 years of seminal contributions to instruction-level
parallelism, pioneering work on VLIW architectures, and the
formulation of the Trace Scheduling compilation technique."

http://www.acm.org/announcements/em_2003.html

1. Steve Lionel receives two DECUS awards this week

        It is an honor and a pleasure to report that Steve Lionel was given two
    separate honors this week while at the DECUS national event in Washington,
    DC.  Steve was given the first person to win either of these awards.

    The first award was the US DECUS President's Advocacy Award.

    The second was the DECUServe Well Done award.  This award is to thank Steve
    for his excellence in serving the Digital community in the many ways.  His
    activity in this and other news groups is a great example of his value to
    the community.  Not only does Steve provide great technical answers but he
    does it with class and in the most professional manner.

    The Well Done award is selected and awarded by the membership of the
    DECUServe system, where DECUS meets daily.  Steve receives a free
    subscription to DECUServe and we look forward to his meeting us there as
    well as in his many other haunts.

    We at DECUServe believe Steve's value to the Digital community is very
    significant.  We want to publicly thank him here since this is where so
    many others have been helped.

    Keep the faith,
    don

2. Scala MM300, 400, and DKB 1202 FS (USA)

3. userid: josh | Owner: Joe Smith

4. help...!!!

5. USERID: JOSH | OWNER: JOE SMITH

6. Scripts/Stored Procedures for a user to change their password

7. VMS DIBOL still tops after 20+ years ... wins e-award!

8. evolutionary genetic AI for 3d TTT

9. Darwin Awards for Compaq

10. Has anyone tested PCM v1.6 in a Y2K lab?

11. DECUS US Lifetime Achievement Award Winners

12. Apologies for Escaped Lab Experiment

13. lab fees