problems with vms install

Post by bayden clin » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:33:37

Hello, i am trying to install vms onto a 164lx machine but i am having
problems in that anytime that i try to initialize the drive i am getting the
following error:

%INIT-F-DEVCMDERR, device command error

it is a 18gig seagate SCSI hard drive that i am trying to initialize and it
is on a Qlogic UW scsi card, the cd-rom that i on this card works fine but i
cannot seem to inialize the drive i have even tried a 4.5 gig drive that i
had laying around and it did the same thing, just wondering if anyone has
any sujestions about anything else i could try

thanks

bayden

1. A problem installing VMS VER 7.1

Hi there..  It seems that when it rains, it pours. I have a different microvax
problem that has just arrisen.

I am installing VMS 7.1 on a separate machine from my runtime system which all
of you have been absolutely helpful with my KDA-50 problem. It still isn't
solved yet, but I am attempting to get the problem from the other end of the
room so to speak.

Anyway, I have this separate machine with another KDA50 in it, MV3900 CPU
boards, a CMD CQD-223/M scsi disk controller, an RQDX3 (of course) and the
media is RA-72...

Well,

When I use the CD Rom install media on my RRD-40 SCSI cd rom, it loads
fine. Everthing looks peachy. it brings up the standalone backup for which I
then enter the following:

$ backup/image/init duc5:vms071.a/save dub0:

it flickers the RA-72 momentarily and then I get this errror:::

VOLUME DATA SUMMARY FOR DUB0: Cannot be found. /image cannot be used.

HELPPPPPP

There has to be a way to place VMS on a blank disk... I remember it somewhere
but my mind is so bad these days...

Any help you guys can give me I will appreciate as much as I have the help in
the past...

2. Program going from foreground to background

3. Problems installing Ghostscript 4.03 on VMS system

4. sqlconfigdatasource

5. problem installing VMS on a 3100

6. Does scc crtscts work under SunOS 4.1.3?

7. Solution to: Problem installing VMS on a 3100.

8. DOM

9. Problems with VMS 6.2 and INSTALL.

10. Problems installing VMS on an RD53

11. Problem Booting Installed VMS 7.2 System

12. Problems installing MQ Series on VMS 6.2

13. Problems with installing Perl on VMS