Documentation Error

Post by ditt.. » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:27:57

I was sure I had seen somewhere that the DEGXA was a 3Com
card, so I checked out the 3Com site and determined the
only 3Com card with a Tigon 3 was the 3C996-T.  I bought
one and tried it, but it wasn't recognized even with the
LAN patches for V7.3-1.  If I updated SYS$USER_CONFIG.DAT
to match the PCI IDs, VMS would bugcheck.  I decided to
check the Compaq/HP website to see if I could find the
information again.  The first place was:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/os/v731features.html

Which states (table modified to fit):

FEATURE

 Broadcom 5700 Series (Tigon 3) Gigabit Ethernet

* Support for the 3COM Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (DEGXA)

BENEFIT
* Provides support for the latest Gigabit Ethernet adapter
  architecture for the OpenVMS Operating system, continuing
  the existing Gigabit Ethernet support as both a LAN device
  as well as a cluster interconnect device
* Available via remedial kit
* Estimated availability November 2002

There's also reference to the DEGXA being a 3Com card here:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/wizard/wiz_7725.html

So the question is, which 3Com card is relabelled as the DEGXA?
--
Eric Dittman

1. DECC: socket:recvfrom documentation error

VAX VM 7.2 DECC 6.0

HELP CC socket recvfrom  specifies that the last argument, to which will be
written the number of bytes received, is an "int".

However, when compiling, it gets defined as __size_t which is defined as
unsigned int.

Hence, if you provide a pointer to an int, the compiler complains that you
should provide a pointer to an unsigned int.

2. Mysql kill fails

3. Documentation error: DECC: JPIDEF.H (PAGFILCNT)

4. BDM and MMU - how they coexist?

5. Catastrophic EVE/TPU documentation error :-)

6. BGP and backup link

7. 2 Minor RMS Documentation Errors (with example program)

8. Incoming e-mail is OK but outgoing e-mail is not working after install verions 8.9.3

9. Error in documentation of SET OUTPUT_RATE command

10. Trouble copying to Mag tape - error in documentation

11. Need help with ANAL/ERROR output -- 2 disk errors

12. VMS Error Log Bug Or Real Memory Error ?

13. CXX Error: sys$****** & lib$$******* errors