NFS on VMS ... NT Client (suggestions)

Post by wolfgang kindle » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

     >Greetings all!!!

     >Currently we are running NFS on several of our Vaxes... and have OS/2
     >clients mounting the drives.

     >We would like to create NFS NT Clients, but have not found ... just
     >the right client software for the job.

     >If you have a suggestion for the software, or know of a
     >downloadable/running beta/demo/shareware/freeware ... I would love
     >your suggestions

     >Thanks in advance,

     >Daniel Bohner
     >ADA County Sheriff's Office
     >Sheriff's CIS/Public Safety CS
     >Boise, ID

     Check out Hummingbird NFS.

     A collegue in Houston runs it. Seems to work well except that VMS ACLs
     are not well supported (a general UNIX related problem to my
     knowledge)

     PS: seems that our cc::MAIL - Internet gateway eats the SUBJECT field
     of all of my mails. But Were're going MS Exchange soon or later
     anyway...

1. NFS on VMS... NT Client(suggestions)

Greetings all!!!

Currently we are running NFS on several of our Vaxes... and have OS/2
clients mounting the drives.

We would like to create NFS NT Clients, but have not found ... just the
right client software for the job.

If you have a suggestion for the software, or know of a
downloadable/running beta/demo/shareware/freeware ... I would love your
suggestions

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Bohner
ADA County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff's CIS/Public Safety CS
Boise, ID

2. How to write binary value to registry with RegWrite

3. Help required - Configure NFS server (VMS) and NFS Client (Unix/NT)

4. ctags + [vim ]

5. NT NFS Server (Hummingbird), VMS Client problems

6. Folder Redirection "Start Menu"

7. Q: UCX NFS Client and Multinet NFS Server w/ NFS group defined

8. Accessing 2nd PC!

9. TCPIP NFS server and windows-NT / W2000 client

10. NFS Client and NT

11. Integraph Diskshare on NT with NFS-client

12. VAX NFS ---- NT Client

13. Recommendations for Win2K Pro NFS client for use with TCPIP V5.1 NFS server