Vax/VMS nfs client using UCX to SUN Solaris server...

Vax/VMS nfs client using UCX to SUN Solaris server...

Post by S Binyo » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

All,
    I'm attempting to nfs mount a sun solaris (5.5.1)  filesystem on a VMS
(6.2) system using UCX (3.3) with some minor success.

    Using:

    UCX mount dnfs1: /host="sunhost" /path="/export/vaxspace"/system

I'm able to create directories, copy files, edit files on the nfs directory,
but when I try to access certain files (direct access),  the process hangs,
unable to even control-y out until I actually dismount the nfs device.   Has
anyone else use their VAX as a nfs client using UCX?   Is there a FAQ?

thanks
sbinyon

Post by Oswald Knopper » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

> I'm able to create directories, copy files, edit files on the nfs directory,
> but when I try to access certain files (direct access),  the process hangs,
> unable to even control-y out until I actually dismount the nfs device.   Has
> anyone else use their VAX as a nfs client using UCX?   Is there a FAQ?

This might be the MTU discovery problem. Check the udp counters (ucx show prot
udp) for bad data length fields. If this counter increases, disable mtu
discovery on the sun with the command '/usr/sbin/ndd -set /dev/ip
ip_path_mtu_discovery 0'.

Hope this helps,

Oswald