OpenSSL 0.9.6d beta 1 released

Post by Richard Levitte - VMS Whacke » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:43:37

The first beta release of OpenSSL 0.9.6d is now available from the
OpenSSL FTP site <URL: ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/>.  This is
planned to be the only beta, as we believe that the snapshots have
been tested quite thoroughly tested by a number of people.  If
everything works as planned, the release won't differ except for
the version number.

The release of OpenSSL 0.9.6d is scheduled for Tuesday 2002-04-30.
To make sure that it will work correctly, please test this version
(especially on less common platforms), and report any problems to

Changes between 0.9.6c and 0.9.6d include:

      o Various SSL/TLS library bugfixes.
      o Fix DH parameter generation for 'non-standard' generators.

1. OpenSSL 0.9.6d beta 1 released

  OpenSSL version 0.9.6d released
  ===============================

  OpenSSL - The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
  http://www.openssl.org/

  The OpenSSL project team is pleased to announce the release of version
  0.9.6d of our open source toolkit for SSL/TLS.  This new OpenSSL version
  is mostly a bugfix release and incorporates at least 23 changes to the
  toolkit (for a complete list see http://www.openssl.org/source/exp/CHANGES).

  The most significant changes are:

    o Various SSL/TLS library bugfixes.
    o Fix DH parameter generation for 'non-standard' generators.

  We consider OpenSSL 0.9.6d to be the best version of OpenSSL available
  and we strongly recommend that users of older versions upgrade as
  soon as possible.  OpenSSL 0.9.6d is available for download via HTTP
  and FTP from the following master locations (you can find the various
  FTP mirrors under http://www.openssl.org/source/mirror.html):

    o http://www.openssl.org/source/
    o ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/

  [1] OpenSSL comes in the form of two distributions this time.
  The reasons for this is that we want to deploy the external crypto device
  support but don't want to have it part of the "normal" distribution just
  yet.  The distribution containing the external crypto device support is
  popularly called "engine", and is considered experimental.  It's been
  fairly well tested on Unix and flavors thereof.  If run on a system with
  no external crypto device, it will work just like the "normal" distribution.

  The distribution file names are:

      o openssl-0.9.6d.tar.gz [normal]
      o openssl-engine-0.9.6d.tar.gz [engine]

  Yours,
  The OpenSSL Project Team...

    Mark J. Cox             Richard Levitte    Andy Polyakov
    Ralf S. Engelschall     Bodo M?ller        Holger Reif
    Dr. Stephen Henson      Ulf M?ller         Geoff Thorpe
    Ben Laurie              Lutz J?nicke

2. VMS and Samba

3. OpenSSL 0.9.6a Beta 3 released

4. Where find *.hlp?