SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by Irving F. Snur » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:53:50

We're using SSH2 on our Linux servers, and we run Putty on our PCs to
connect to them, but VMS
doesn't fit this pic, as it only supports SSH1.  Is there a way to get
SSH2 on VMS?

Is SSH2 coming?  Do I already have it and don't know it?

        Thanx, Bill Manwaring, IUCF

SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by Dirk Mun » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:36:25

There is a SSH2 Early Adpter Kit for TCP/IP V5.3 available now. (EAK is less
then Beta !)
However the full functional SSH2 kit will be part of TCP/IP V5.4, that will be a
part of OpenVMS 7.3-2, and that will be available later this year (if all goes
well).
The OpenVMS SSH will be 'real' SSH, not OpenSSH. The difference is in the way
the keys are administrated etc.

> We're using SSH2 on our Linux servers, and we run Putty on our PCs to
> connect to them, but VMS
> doesn't fit this pic, as it only supports SSH1.  Is there a way to get
> SSH2 on VMS?
> Is SSH2 coming?  Do I already have it and don't know it?

>        Thanx, Bill Manwaring, IUCF

SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by AwkEmac » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:26:53

> We're using SSH2 on our Linux servers, and we run Putty on our PCs to
> connect to them, but VMS
> doesn't fit this pic, as it only supports SSH1.  Is there a way to get
> SSH2 on VMS?

> Is SSH2 coming?  Do I already have it and don't know it?

>         Thanx, Bill Manwaring, IUCF

Process Software sells a SSH package that supports SSH2.

Awk

SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by Carl Karch » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:15:02

->
->We're using SSH2 on our Linux servers, and we run Putty on our PCs to
->connect to them, but VMS
->doesn't fit this pic, as it only supports SSH1.  Is there a way to get
->SSH2 on VMS?

See:    http://h71000.www7.hp.com/new/index.html

This is the second release of the early adopter's kit.

Tip: if you're running the first EAK release (from March or so) you'll
need to do:

After installing the June 20 release in order to install the new images.

--
-- Carl Karcher, Waisman Computing Services, Waisman Center, UW-Madison

SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by Bob Ceculs » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:31:00

Quote:> We're using SSH2 on our Linux servers, and we run Putty on our PCs to
> connect to them, but VMS
> doesn't fit this pic, as it only supports SSH1.  Is there a way to get
> SSH2 on VMS?

Multinet and TCPware have had it for a while now ...

SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by Mike Bartma » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:38:13

>> Is SSH2 coming?  Do I already have it and don't know it?

>>         Thanx, Bill Manwaring, IUCF

>Process Software sells a SSH package that supports SSH2.

Correct.  It works with MultiNet, TCPware...and TCPIP Services For
OpenVMS (UCX :^).  See:

http://www.process.com/tcpip/ssh.html

for more info.

Disclaimer:  I work for Process Software, but not on SSH specifically.

-- Mike Bartman
  To reply via e-mail, remove the 'foolie.' from the address.
  I'm getting sick of all the SPAM...

SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by Michael Austi » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:39:42

> We're using SSH2 on our Linux servers, and we run Putty on our PCs to
> connect to them, but VMS
> doesn't fit this pic, as it only supports SSH1.  Is there a way to get
> SSH2 on VMS?

> Is SSH2 coming?  Do I already have it and don't know it?

>         Thanx, Bill Manwaring, IUCF

IMHO  TERATERM with SSH applied works much better than Putty.   quick
google for teraterm and ssh should find what you are looking for.. if
you are looking for it....  I am not sure if Reflections10 has it yet or
not...
--
Regards,

Michael Austin            OpenVMS User since June 1984
First DBA Source, Inc.    Registered Linux User #261163

SSH2 ON VMS?

Post by Rob You » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:23:23

>> We're using SSH2 on our Linux servers, and we run Putty on our PCs to
>> connect to them, but VMS
>> doesn't fit this pic, as it only supports SSH1.  Is there a way to get
>> SSH2 on VMS?

>> Is SSH2 coming?  Do I already have it and don't know it?

>>         Thanx, Bill Manwaring, IUCF

> IMHO  TERATERM with SSH applied works much better than Putty.   quick
> google for teraterm and ssh should find what you are looking for.. if
> you are looking for it....  I am not sure if Reflections10 has it yet or
> not...

        Yes, Reflections 10 does:

http://www.wrq.com/products/reflection/win/ruov/specs.html

Security (with Reflection Security Components1)

SSL/TLS Telnet encryption
Integrated SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 Telnet encryption through Microsoft security
APIs2
Reflection OpenSSH Client
Connections to ssh-1 and ssh-2 protocol servers
Port forwarding for TCP/IP ports through secure channel
Password, user key and Kerberos authentication
Key generation and conversion (RSA-1, RSA, and DSA) utility
scp and sftp file transfer utilities
Standard SSH configurations for easy deployment

                        Rob

1. SSH2 under VMS?

Is anyone aware of a VMS port of ssh-2.4.0 or openssh-2.3.0p1?  Both these
packages implement SSH2.  A web search turns up nothing.

I am aware of the separate SSH1 client/server packages, but these do not
include sftp.  Our Computation Facility is disabling Telnet and FTP at the
end of this month and requiring all connections to be made via ssh and
sftp.  Since I am unaware of a SSH2 implementation for VMS, that leaves
my group up a certain creek without a certain instrument.

I would prefer official support for SSH2 to be built into TCPIP.  I
hear rumors that this is being considered/worked on.  Any idea of
timescales?

Gareth V. Williams, MS 18, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Associate Director, IAU Minor Planet Center

OpenVMS & RISC OS: refined choices in operating systems

2. Help with Dysan CRW-1622

3. PuTTY and SSH2 on OpenVMS - Not

4. query in Enterprise Guide

5. SSH2 and X11 tunnel

6. Link can not seek to library files

7. Reward for the first of the next 50 posts: which company shouldbuy VMS VMS VMS VMS VMS VMS VMS VMS VMS

8. DEC VT220 Emulation on PC's

9. Reward for the first of the next 50 posts: which companyshouldbuyVMS VMS VMS shouldbuyVMS VMS VMS shouldbuyVMS VMS VMS

10. Reward for the first of the next 50 posts: which company shouldbuy VMS VMS VMS

11. Reward for the first of the next 50 posts: which company shou ldbuy VMS VMS VMS

12. VMS Backupin VMS 5.2/VMS 5.3

13. Reward for the first of the next 50 posts: whichcompanyshouldbuyVMS VMS VMS shouldbuyVMS VMS V