Free Alphas and uVAX II in Las Vegas

Post by Jack Peacoc » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:47:53

I forgot to add in a few more extras:
MicroVAX II, BA23 pedestal, 16MB, RD54, TK50, DELQA ethernet w/coax xcvr,
1987 vintage
condition is unknown but was running last time powered up a few years ago,
dusty but in good shape

Miscellaneous CDs and TK50s for VMS and Alpha NT

That makes a total of two Alphas and one VAX, someone please save it all
from the garbage dump.  No room left in my own collection so they have to
go.
   Jack Peacock

Free Alphas and uVAX II in Las Vegas

Post by David Turne » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:34:08

Sadly - this lot of  stuff is so heavy

Take it home !
Serious ISP's have less than that in M$ hardware

DT

Free Alphas and uVAX II in Las Vegas

Post by Jack Peacoc » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 11:24:25

Quote:> Sadly - this lot of  stuff is so heavy

> Take it home !
> Serious ISP's have less than that in M$ hardware

Alas I have no more room.  Already have a Vax 3100 and an Alpha 400 for my
collection, small enough to fit in with the S-100 machines.  Plus I don't
have the power (or a/c during the summer) to run the 2100 with both
supplies.

The 2100 has an interesting history.  It ran 24x7 for about 7 years as the
principal accounting machine for a * in Las Vegas, replacing a Vax
3600.  The 2100 was replaced with a faster Alpha (and sadly that was just
replaced by an IBM AS/400).  About the only unplanned downtime for users was
when someone would cut the network cabling, which happened several times.
It was so critical to operations that the only time it could be taken down
for updates was between 12am and 6am, and only mid-week.  Unlike most
systems evenings, holidays and weekends were never available...those are the
busiest times for *s.

During those 7 years the only hardware failure was one RZ74 drive, half of a
shadow set.  No impact on production.  Other problems were facility induced,
including the adventure of the guy who connected the PA intercom to the
primary ethernet cable.
   Jack Peacock

1. Vax Magic Session Fall 1992 Meeting in Las Vegas

Hello Netlanders,

        could the person, that presented the George Michael parody

If there is sufficient interrest by other readers on this list, I will post it
then here.

Thanks in advance
        Ralph Kloess
+---------------+---------------------------------------------------------+

I               I Standard disclaimer applies to all my messages          I
+---------------+---------------------------------------------------------+

2. Question: Lamp Module mod for Silent Appliance Module

3. Enjoy the city lights, witout going to Vegas + Better than Vegas Odds !!!

4. DUN hangs at shutdown

5. getting cables on/off the internal drives in a uVAX II...

6. I've had a change of heart...<OT>

7. uVAX II dead disk drive

8. multi-page tabular environment?

9. Restoring uVax II w/GPX board

10. Question about uVax II (LED at 'F')

11. Connecting TA81 to uVAX-II

12. O&M manuals for the uVAX II and MicroVAX

13. TK50 diagnostics for uVAX II