NETWORK UTILIZATION

Post by edward toup » Thu, 06 Feb 1992 10:51:31

Date:         Tue, 4 Feb 1992 06:43:37 -0500

Your message is being returned to you unprocessed because it seems to have been
already sent to the INFO-VAX list. That  is, a message with identical body (but
possibly different headers) has been posted to the list recently, either by you
or by  someone else. If you  have a good reason  to resend this message  to the
list (for instance because half of the outbound spool files were lost in a disk
crash at  some intermediate node),  please alter the  message text in  some way
before resending  it. Note that  altering the  "Subject:" line or  adding blank
lines at the top or bottom of the message is not sufficient; you should instead
add a line  at the top explaining  why you are re-sending the  message, for the
benefit of the list membership.

------------------------- Rejected message (50 lines) -------------------------

Date: 29 Jan 92 04:47:38 GMT

Subject: Network Utilization

COMP.OS.VMS

We are currently experimenting with network monitors on our ethernet WAN
and are unable to get some information that we need to properly "tune"
the network....

        We are aware that 25% (with 50% peak) utilization is within
        reasonable limits; however, we also found that, under some
        circumstances, routers may not operate efficiently above
        25%.

        Q: What is the average and peak network utilization
           allowable for peak performance of a DECRouter?

        Q: What circumstances degrade the performance of a DECRouter?

I know that the above questions are quite "general"; however, I will be
more than happy to give more detail if required.

Please reply by email when possible.

Ed Toupin
TTTI

1. Network Utilization

COMP.OS.VMS

We are currently experimenting with network monitors on our ethernet WAN
and are unable to get some information that we need to properly "tune"
the network....

        We are aware that 25% (with 50% peak) utilization is within
        reasonable limits; however, we also found that, under some
        circumstances, routers may not operate efficiently above
        25%.

        Q: What is the average and peak network utilization
           allowable for peak performance of a DECRouter?

        Q: What circumstances degrade the performance of a DECRouter?

I know that the above questions are quite "general"; however, I will be
more than happy to give more detail if required.

Please reply by email when possible.

Ed Toupin
TTTI

2. Enumerated or Free-Form Method Sort Parameter?

3. Network Utilization (REPOST)

4. Timer

5. Monitoring NIC utilization

6. emacs

7. High MP sync CPU utilization

8. Could not start management server

9. System call to get CPU utilization?

10. Memory utilization on OpenVMS

11. How can I utilize 1GB of memory to eleviate 400% CPU utilization?

12. Memory & CPU Utilization Formulas; OpenVMS V6.2

13. utilization of file...