Escape Sequence:

Post by Carmen Marisel Montane » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

To whom it may concern:
  I'm a Computer Science student of the Bayamon University College in Puerto
Rico and I was wondering if I can find information about the "Escape Sequence"
of the VMS Operating System. I need to know What it does and at least three
examples of it, if it is possible. Any answer is welcome. You can send me an

Sincerely,
Carmen M. Monta?ez

Escape Sequence:

Post by Larry Kilgall » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> To whom it may concern:
>   I'm a Computer Science student of the Bayamon University College in Pue=
> rto
> Rico and I was wondering if I can find information about the "Escape Sequ=
> ence"
> of the VMS Operating System. I need to know What it does and at least thr=
> ee
> examples of it, if it is possible. Any answer is welcome. You can send me=
>  an

I am not sure people are that hard up for VMS attention as to do
people's homework for them.

Larry Kilgallen

Escape Sequence:

Post by Howard S Shu » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>To whom it may concern:
>  I'm a Computer Science student of the Bayamon University College in Pue=
>rto
>Rico and I was wondering if I can find information about the "Escape Sequ=
>ence"
>of the VMS Operating System. I need to know What it does and at least thr=
>ee
>examples of it, if it is possible. Any answer is welcome. You can send me=
> an

Sounds like a homework assignment.
--

The Denim Adept     Is this the right room for an argument?

Escape Sequence:

Post by Kevin G. Barke » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

The three most famous DEC escape sequences were, I believe, Ken Olsen,
Robert Palmer and Eckhard Pfeiffer.

Regards,

KGB

-----
      Kevin G. Barkes, President <> KGB Consulting, Inc.

  1512 Annette Avenue <> Library, Pennsylvania <> 15129-9735
           Voice: 412-854-2550 <> Fax: 412-854-4707
DCL Dialogue on line: http://www.kgb.com/dcl.html / ftp.kgb.com
          KGB Report http://www.kgb.com/kgbrep.shtml
        Curmudgeon Tees http://www.kgb.com/tshirts.html

Escape Sequence:

Post by Bob Koehle » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> To whom it may concern:
>   I'm a Computer Science student of the Bayamon University College in Puerto
> Rico and I was wondering if I can find information about the "Escape Sequence"
> of the VMS Operating System. I need to know What it does and at least three
> examples of it, if it is possible. Any answer is welcome. You can send me an

Nonsequitur.  Escape sequences are not part of VMS.

If you mean character sequences starting with the escape character, they
are part of the ANSI
standard for terminals (as well as DEC extensions to the ANSI standard).
 Utilities running
on VMS, UNIX, even MS-DOS use them for things like cursor positioning in
full screen editors.

Langauges like C also use escape characters in strings, followed by a
one or more characters
which then have special meaning.  These are not usually reffered to as
"escape sequences",
but  that's a naming convention, not a technical accuracy issue.

Bob Koehler                               | just me, at home
please remove ".nospam" when replying     |