Directing the console output to a window rather than the main window... window...

Post by John Zimmerm » Thu, 22 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>> Is there a way to redirect the VMS console messages to a window in the
>> dec windows environment?  I ask because it gets a bit frustrating when
>> the dec windows stuff is shifted into the bottom half of the screen and
>> the new console messages are displayed at the top.

>> I know there is the message window but this does not seem to display
>> any system messages.

>> Any ideas?

Here is a command procedure to do just that... It works under DECwindows
Motif 1.1 and 1.2 (at least that is all that it has been tested under).

$set proc/priv=all
$ ctx=""
$ temp = f$context("process",ctx,"nodename","*","eql")
$ temp = f$context("process",ctx,"username","jmz","eql")
$loop:
$ pid = f$pid(ctx)
$ if pid .eqs. "" then exit
$ image = F$GETJPI(pid,"IMAGNAME")
$! if f$length(image) .eq. 0 then goto loop
$ if f$locate("DECW$SESSION",image) .eqs. f$length(image) then goto loop
$ mpid=f$getjpi("''pid'","MASTER_PID")
$ term=f$getjpi("''mpid'","TERMINAL")
$ define/user sys$command 'term'
$ reply/enable