interface (was: RE: Compaq Solutions Aliance - "Does" it still existing ?)

interface (was: RE: Compaq Solutions Aliance - "Does" it still existing ?)

Post by Phillip Helbi » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:05:08



Quote:> This is because I think OVMS should have an better graphic
> interface. You cannot run away from the GUI.

Just say "no".

Quote:> Of course command line still important but we dont have a graphical
> terminal development in the past 10 years.

I have DECwindows, DECterm and use many graphical applications.

Of course, I don't have an interface where I have to take one hand off
the keyboard to accomplish things.  But I don't want that.

Quote:> May be the future for OVMS is a Citrix Server like product. Or may be
> porting some linux graphic interface. Or may be Amiga Intuition ! :-)

> What will be th next VT terminal ?  The OVMS engineering should think
> about the clients too... an OS is not just kernel and communication
> protocols.

You seem to post something like this every few months.  I don't think
anyone has ever understood your point.
 
 
 

interface (was: RE: Compaq Solutions Aliance - "Does" it still existing ?)

Post by Larry Kilgall » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 19:42:03



Quote:>> This is because I think OVMS should have an better graphic
>> interface. You cannot run away from the GUI.

> Just say "no".

>> Of course command line still important but we dont have a graphical
>> terminal development in the past 10 years.

> I have DECwindows, DECterm and use many graphical applications.

> Of course, I don't have an interface where I have to take one hand off
> the keyboard to accomplish things.  But I don't want that.

>> May be the future for OVMS is a Citrix Server like product. Or may be
>> porting some linux graphic interface. Or may be Amiga Intuition ! :-)

>> What will be th next VT terminal ?  The OVMS engineering should think
>> about the clients too... an OS is not just kernel and communication
>> protocols.

> You seem to post something like this every few months.  I don't think
> anyone has ever understood your point.

But we don't know who you are talking to, because you did not give
attribution for the quoted lines.  Please do not assume that your
readers newsreaders are exactly the same as yours.

 
 
 

1. Compaq Solutions Aliance - "Does" it still existing ?

Oh Jesus

In my lack of attention I wrote in bad english ! :-)

Regards

FC

=====
==========================
Fbio dos Santos Cardoso
OpenVMS System Manager
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

==========================

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

2. FS: Sun 20" Monitor

3. interface (was: RE: Compaq Solutions Aliance - Do it still existing ?)

4. How to present non-boolean fields by Checked-Box

5. "DIGITAL" to become "Compaq"

6. Free Teddy Screen Saver at the Teddy Bears Den

7. F$GETQUI("DISPLAY_JOB","LOG_SPECIFICATION",,"THIS_JOB")

8. """The Art of Debugging"" Was: Compiler Optimisation problems"

9. """Problems!"""

10. "-" or "/"

11. Cache "Total Size" vs. "Kbytes in use" ??