Looking for readdir () and Motif advice

Post by Pavel Pinka » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Good morning gentlemen,

my problem is that I'm suddenly facing port of huge application (60MB in source
in combined languages) to OpenVMS (originally developed for HPUX). It already
compiled and shows some lifesigns but some things are still missing.

1) Can somebody tell me where (and if at all ) I can get code for readdir ()
function and other functions which are in <dirent.h>? Trouble with this header
is that it supported from VMS 7.x and higher which we do not have. (Yes, we are
considering upgrade but the port must be done within 10 days).

2) The another problem is with Motif DRAG AND DROP. Unix version of application
uses left mouse button for dragging. I created translation table for this, so it
should appear in VMS version as well, but it does not. VMS application let me
use the middle mouse button for drag (default for D'n'D in Motif) but does take
translation table into account. Is there anything else I need to change to get
left mouse button working as expected in translation table? (Motif is 1.2 and
VMS 6.2)
It also looks like VMS Motif generates much less calls to D'n'D calbacks than
expected and necessary.

If  I'm asking question from FAQ, could you please tell me where I can get FAQ?

Your help is very appreciated, this absolutely unknown world for me.

Looking for readdir () and Motif advice

Post by Dan Sugalsk » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Good morning gentlemen,

>my problem is that I'm suddenly facing port of huge application (60MB in
source
>in combined languages) to OpenVMS (originally developed for HPUX). It already
>compiled and shows some lifesigns but some things are still missing.

>1) Can somebody tell me where (and if at all ) I can get code for readdir ()
>function and other functions which are in <dirent.h>? Trouble with this
header
>is that it supported from VMS 7.x and higher which we do not have. (Yes,
we are
>considering upgrade but the port must be done within 10 days).

If you've got Dec C 5.6 or up, you *do* have those functions if you link
against the backport library. Check the release notes for details.

If you don't, you might want to look at [.vms]vms.c in the perl source
distribution. http://cpan.perl.org/src/latest.zip (or latest.tar.gz,
whichever you prefer)

                                        Dan

---------------------------------------------"it's like this"--------------
Dan Sugalski   (541) 737-3346                even samurai
SysAdmin                                     have teddy bears
Oregon University System                     and even the teddy bears

1. Looking for simply X-Y plot for OpenVMS AXP/Motif

    I'm working with a Sales Rep to help a customer who wishes to move
    to an Alpha AXP workstation from a VAXstation environment.  One
    piece of the puzzle still missing is a simple, inexpensive
    (freeware, shareware, or inexpensive commercial) X-Y plot
    capability that a novice could use.  Something like the graphing
    capabilities within common PC spreadsheets (e.g. Excel, 1-2-3,
    etc.) would be great.

    Please send any info to either me at the address below, or to the

        Thanks

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Mike Kier                     | "Our legislators are not sufficiently
Digital Equipment Corporation |  apprized of the rightful limits of their
10101 Alliance Rd.            |  power; that their true office is to declare
Blue Ash, OH USA 45242        |  and enforce only our natural rights and
513.984.7715                  |  duties, and to take none of them from us."

2. Spam

3. opendir/readdir VAXC?

4. No sound.

5. Earliest version of DECC to support OPENDIR(), READDIR()... ?

6. automatically sort entries in diary file

7. opendir readdir closedir

8. auto_increment not to start

9. Implementation of opendir, readdir, closedir

10. readdir on VMS

11. Perl Readdir and file versions

12. "open"vms 6.1/Posix/SVID/stat/readdir

13. readdir for VMS/DEC C ?