TCPIP$SMTP_FROM: working on VAX but not ALPHA

TCPIP$SMTP_FROM: working on VAX but not ALPHA

Post by Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to rep » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 04:32:02

I have a VAX and ALPHA in the same cluster, both with TCPIP 5.0A.  The
TCPIP$SMTP_FROM logical works as documented on the ALPHA, but not on the
VAX.  TCPIP SHOW CONF SMTP shows an identical configuration, all *SMTP*
logicals are defined the same way (not that I expect either of these
things to affect the way TCPIP$SMTP_FROM works).

Before I do a detailed investigation, I just wanted to check if anyone
else has seen this.

Yes, I will upgrade soon, perhaps even this weekend, but that doesn't
necessarily make the question irrelevant.

TCPIP$SMTP_FROM: working on VAX but not ALPHA

Post by JF Meze » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:28:44

Quote:

> I have a VAX and ALPHA in the same cluster, both with TCPIP 5.0A.  The
> TCPIP$SMTP_FROM logical works as documented on the ALPHA, but not on the
> VAX.

I use that logicalk with success on tcpip 5.3 VAX. But with 5.0, I recall
having tried it, and it seemed to honour only the host name, not the username,
but never extensively tested it at 5.0.

Also, have you tried it from an account that has big privileges such as sysprv
? I have mine setup such that the logical will only work from a privileged account.

1. TCPIP: TCPIP$SMTP_FROM ill documented

TCPIP Management reference manual (5.1)
#
17.8 Disabling SMTP Outbound Alias
Users can specify an outbound alias that is applied to mail as it is sent and
specifies the network address to which a reply will be sent. The outbound
alias is
defined using the TCPIP$SMTP_FROM logical, as described in Section 17.5.
#

TCPIP$SMTP_FROM is not documented in section 17.5, nor anywhere in that manual.

2. flaky

3. FW: Why does shared image work on VAX but not on ALPHA?

4. Terms?

5. DecNET application ported from VAX to Alpha - not working

6. Dynamic PDF generation

7. CONTROL T not working on Alpha (fixed!)

8. DSSI-Terminator not present or not working

9. CONTROL T not working on Alpha

10. Mouse on VAX not working

11. Program using SUN RPC does not work on OpenVMS/VAX 6.2 UCX 3.3

12. $EDIT/TECO not working on new VAX