TCPIP NFS server and windows-NT / W2000 client

TCPIP NFS server and windows-NT / W2000 client

Post by Piet Timme » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:34:32

I have a OpenVMS NFS-server (TCPIP version V5.0A - ECO 3) and this
seems to work, at least I can mount an exported filesystem on an other
OpenVMS node. But it is not possible, at least until now, to mount
this filesystem on a Windows-NT/W2000 node with NFS-client. Are there
special settings I have to make to mount this exported filesystem on a
windows client. I keep getting the message "Authentication violation".
As what I can see all the proxies, mappings and exports are correct.

Help....

Greetings

Piet Timmers

TCPIP NFS server and windows-NT / W2000 client

Post by Matt Muggeridg » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 06:49:00

You need to be running PCNFSD.  This can be enabled via TCPIP$CONFIG.  You
may have to restart NFS to also start PCNFSD on V5.0A... I don't remember
the startup requirements for that release.  You may just have to issue the
TCPIP ENABLE PCNFSD command.

Matt.

OpenVMS TCP/IP Engineering
Enterprise Computing Group
Hewlett-Packard Company
Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA

Quote:> I have a OpenVMS NFS-server (TCPIP version V5.0A - ECO 3) and this
> seems to work, at least I can mount an exported filesystem on an other
> OpenVMS node. But it is not possible, at least until now, to mount
> this filesystem on a Windows-NT/W2000 node with NFS-client. Are there
> special settings I have to make to mount this exported filesystem on a
> windows client. I keep getting the message "Authentication violation".
> As what I can see all the proxies, mappings and exports are correct.

> Help....

> Greetings

> Piet Timmers

1. Recommendations for Win2K Pro NFS client for use with TCPIP V5.1 NFS server

We just spent a lovely 3 days trying to get microsoft 'services for
unix, V3.0' to provide a usable NFS client on both NT4.0sp6a and
W2Ksp2 systems.  The server is a DS10, VMS V7.2-1 (fully patched),
TCPIP V5.1eco4.  We're able to mount the filesystems exported by the
Alpha on a separate VMS system so we know the server is OK, but the
string of problems with the MS client just killed it as an option.

We are not willing to put pathworks on the Alpha (or Samba) for other
reasons, and only one PC running a particular service needs to share
disk space with the Alpha.

I've located several different vendors, and some recommendations, but
didn't see any specific recommendations here in COV.  Can anyone
recommend a fairly self contained (doesn't need active directory,
doesn't need windows name mapping, doesn't need NIS, comes with all
you need to make Win2K an NFS client for VMS 7.2-1/TCPIP V5.1, and not
too much other un-necessary fluff)?

Thanks

Rich Jordan
CCS

2. Canon BJ-100 Question

3. Recommendations for Win2K Pro NFS client for use with TCPIP V 5.1 NFS server

4. URGENT NEED - Network Engineer - Fort Worth, TX - 18+ months

5. Help required - Configure NFS server (VMS) and NFS Client (Unix/NT)

6. window frozen

7. Looking for an NFS Server for Windows NT 4, 2000, and 2003 Server

8. NCAA Football 2003

9. Q: UCX NFS Client and Multinet NFS Server w/ NFS group defined

10. NT NFS Server (Hummingbird), VMS Client problems

11. How to mount UCX exported NFS disk on Windows-NT

12. UCX : can NFS client choose to mount over tcp or udp depending upon the NFS server ?

13. Infinite loop bug in TCPIP 5.3 NFS client with structure level 5