CFEXECUTE on Solaris Not Working

Post by gburgmalber » Sat, 03 May 2008 00:34:52

I'm trying to get a simple perl script to run via CFEXECUTE on a Unix box
running CFMX 7.02 and have not been successful. I have spent considerable time
searching and have not found a working solution.

 I have full control of the box and it's in a development environment behind a
firewall. I've set permissions wide-open, moved the file, etc. and have not
been able to get the cfexecute to work. The output file is blank. The file
works on our CF5 instance (also unix).
 Any help would be appreciated.

 This is a simple perl script that simply inserts a record in an Oracle
database - and works fine from the command line as the user the runs CF on the
box. This is a basic test script I wrote to debug this issue.

 Here is the command:
 <CFEXECUTE name="/disk1/cnav0/bin/it_tools/test_script.pl"
 outputfile="/tmp/test_script.txt"
 timeout="30">
 </CFEXECUTE>

 I have tried:
 <CFEXECUTE
 name="/usr/local/bin/perl"
 arguments="/disk1/cnav0/bin/it_tools/test_script.pl"
 outputfile="/tmp/test_script.txt"
 timeout="30">
 </CFEXECUTE>

CFEXECUTE on Solaris Not Working

Post by paross » Sat, 03 May 2008 01:15:29

Make sure that you don't forget [b]case sensitivity[/b] since you are dealing with Unix.

Phil

CFEXECUTE on Solaris Not Working

Post by gburgmalber » Sat, 03 May 2008 02:09:41

proper case is being used

CFEXECUTE on Solaris Not Working

Post by Kronin55 » Sat, 03 May 2008 02:40:33

Has cfexecute on the CFMX 7.02 box been disabled? Can you do a real basic cfexecute, like:

<cfexecute name="echo" arguments="foo" outputfile="/tmp/testoutput.txt" timeout="30" />

CFEXECUTE on Solaris Not Working

Post by gburgmalber » Sat, 03 May 2008 03:21:18

Looks like it is a path issue. I hate building new boxes.

Thanks for helping.

1. problem with cfexecute in 7.0.2 on solaris

We've recently upgraded from 6 to 7.0.2 and one bit of code has stopped
working.  The majority of one of the sites is accessed via http, however, there
are a limited number of documents that require users to be logged in.  The
application then creates a temporary symbolic link from the "regular (i.e.
unsecure)" location to a different doc root that forces the page to be served
via https.

 This worked fine on 6 but on 7 gives "java.io.IOException" when it gets to the
cfexecute that creates the sym link.  The directory permissions are the same,
as are the user and group.  I still have the old server available and verified
that first thing.  I've also made sure that the cfexecute tag is enabled in the
administrator.

 Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

2. The name of S/W

3. Link to Flash Player for SOLARIS not working

4. PDF Writer In Office 2003

5. CFEXECUTE working on CFMX 6.0 but not CFMX 6.1

6. Projector Crashes on Exit

7. variable not working on cfexecute?

8. Rank on Search Engine

9. cfexecute + java + cfmx = not working

10. cfexecute not working (target program freezes)

11. cfexecute not working in updated MX 6.1

12. cfexecute not working properly

13. CFEXECUTE Not Working