simple flow problem with if statements. my brains not working today

simple flow problem with if statements. my brains not working today

Post by John » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:25:48

i have this query

select
        dbo.thetime.time_id,
        dbo.thetime.thetime,
        dbo.thetime.thetimetype,
        dbo.item.item_id,
        dbo.item.item_checkitem,
        dbo.item.item_role,
        dbo.item.item_time
FROM dbo.thetime,dbo.item
where
        dbo.item.item_role = #session.role_id# AND
        dbo.item.item_time = dbo.thetime.time_id
Order By dbo.thetime.thetime ASC

and then i output it

<cfoutput query="getchecklists">

<!--- need to do a IF nextr row time is greater than current then page break --->

</cfoutput>

what i need to do is what i have put in the comments

basically
cfif this record time is different from the last
do page break

but i am being thick and cant remember how to do this. bit of a simple on

hope u can help :)

simple flow problem with if statements. my brains not working today

Post by John » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:49:50

just tried dumping this into the cfoutput. thought that would work but it didnt

<cfif #parameterexists (oldtime)#>
        <cfif #oldtime# neq #thetime#>
                <hr break>
        </cfif>
</cfif>
<cfset oldtime=#thetime#>

AND IT WORKED

yay no more brain block lol

1. Else If statements not working in Mac Netscape

I am currently working on a flash movie which uses the same navigation bar
in several different scenes.  When you press on a button, such as "home",  I
have the button set a variable "link" with the value "home".  The button
then plays the end of the scene where all the elements fade out.  At the end
of the scene I have an action in the last frame which says:

If (link eq "home")
    Go to and Play ("home", NavIn)
Else If (link eq "links")
    Go to and Play ("links", NavIn2)
End If

It's actually longer than that, but I hope you ge the point. The buttons in
the scene set their variables which tells the action at the end of the
script which scene to go to.  My problem is that this approach works fine
for IE and Navigator for PC, but it won't work for Mac Netscape.  It works
for Mac IE.  Does anyone have a better approach?  Thanks for your help

2. Sourcerer

3. SQL Statements not working properly.

4. Help: Identifying Connected Camera

5. Else If statements not working in Mac Netscape

6. Swap image behaviour not working !?

7. Not working Conditional Statements for Headers- Direction needed please

8. Another gripe about CS

9. simple if..else statements are being ignored by flash

10. extremely simple graphics not working as I expected

11. Simple PHP & database call not working

12. Simple MouseOver not working

13. Simple scene not working