Show all menu items

Post by PhilR.. » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 07:55:24

Hello all,

Over the years Photoshop has shown a great delight in, about once ever month or two, resetting itself to factory defaults. Now I notice it has taken to hiding a lot of my menu items and I have to click 'Show all menu items' every time I open a menu. Most frustrating. And I can't find a way to force the blighter to do the decent thing and keep on showing me all the menu options. Can anyone tell me how to do this as the help files are less than forthcoming.

Thanks all,

Show all menu items

Post by John Josli » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:22:40

Investigate the Edit > Menus dialog.

Show all menu items

Post by Phos±four dot » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:37:48

And it sounds to me like you need to do some MUCH deeper digging in the course of your troubleshooting.

There's NO WAY your preferences should simply "reset them selves to default every month or two."

You really ought to nail down why that happens, because it's NOT normal, intended or expected behavior. You shouldn't be living with that nonsense.

I'd offer some clues, but I'm a Maccer.

Show all menu items

Post by PhilR.. » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:43:34

Thanks, yes. You're right. It happens both on my laptop and desktop. Weird.

Show all menu items

Post by John Josli » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:54:19

It normally happens when the computer shuts down (intentionally or inadvertently) when Photoshop is still running.

Depending on what you were doing at the time, it is always advisable to give PS a while to tidy up before you hit the shut down button.

1. Show All Menu Items - On all the time

I must be missing something because I'm sure Adobe would make a way to keep this feature on all the time. But I've been through the preferences and can't find it. Maybe someone can help me.

How can I make Photoshop CS4 Show All Menu Items - All the time. It slows me down and sometimes frustrates me having to keep clicking on this each time I need the full menu.

2. Unknown exception in CFFtp error

3. Show all Menu items

4. external movies n txtfiles

5. Show All Menu Items

6. window with no explorer bar?

7. Show all menu-items?!?

8. embed video

9. Colors of pull-down menu and menu items

10. GoLive CS2 Mac - Centering a dropdown menu and the menu items still lining up correctly

11. Context Menu menu items Language Independent names

12. Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

13. Newbie -CFML - Multiple items shown in Dynamic Menu - I only want one occurance of each to show in Menu