Cannot save file in an action in PS7

Post by Frederic Neem » Tue, 21 May 2002 12:28:55

This is a very simple action that has always worked and is very important in my workflow. I cannot make it work in PS7 and would like to know why.

In PS6 action, a "save as" command is recorded with the directory only (example: C:\dir).

In PS7, the directory AND the filename are recorded (example:C:\dir\image1.psd). This prevents the other files to be saved with their original names because PS7 wants to save them as image1.psd.

I first thought that there was an option (kind of relative and absolute ) but could not find anything like that. I tried everything but it just doesn't work.

Help?

Thank you

Frederic Neema

Cannot save file in an action in PS7

Post by Busa » Tue, 21 May 2002 14:20:57

Are you doing this through the File ->Automate ->Batch command? If not, try it that way. I don't know about 7.0 but in 6.0 there is an option to "overwrite Action 'save in' commands" and specify your own naming system.