Keyboard on A3000

Post by dly.. » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello Amigans,
  The space key on my A3000 keyboard has about given up the
ghost. It's had 7 years of hard use (I tend to slap the space bar
and enter key) so it's not surprizing.

How should I remedy this? I have an extra keyboard from a 1000
and was thinking of cutting and pasting hardware but I'm sure
thats a bad idea.

What about those IBM keyboard adapters? Do
they still exist? Whats with the 'Win95' keyboards? They have
an extra set of keys? Is there something to make them perform
amiga key service?

Thanks.

Keyboard on A3000

Post by Robert Dav » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hello Amigans,
>   The space key on my A3000 keyboard has about given up the
> ghost. It's had 7 years of hard use (I tend to slap the space bar
> and enter key) so it's not surprizing.

> How should I remedy this? I have an extra keyboard from a 1000
> and was thinking of cutting and pasting hardware but I'm sure
> thats a bad idea.

> What about those IBM keyboard adapters? Do
> they still exist? Whats with the 'Win95' keyboards? They have
> an extra set of keys? Is there something to make them perform
> amiga key service?

> Thanks.

=====
It is possible that the problem is only dirt, dust, or a
compacted plastic foam conductor.  You might try disassembling
the keyboard.

I have some instructions on a WWW page.
http://www.nyx.net/~rdavis/AmigaHints.html
http://www.nyx.net/~rdavis/AmigaHints2.html

Robert Davis   Amateur Radio K0FPC   Emporia, Kansas

1. A3000 Keyboard - PC Keyboard Interface

Hi
   A local highschool has an A3000, and the keyboard is dead. They
have plenty of PC keyboards, and no repair budget. Does anybody have
a schematic for an interface for a PC keyboard. I have access to a
printed board etcher, and can build a reasonable circuit given a schematic.

Thanks
MikeD

2. FAT-32: What partition type in MBR?

3. A3000 keyboard == A2000 keyboard ?

4. nested select alternative??

5. Wanted: A2000 Keyboard, A1000 Keyboard, or OmniKey Keyboard

6. Position available (Cambridge Mass)

7. A3000/4000 keyboards

8. PC file data --> As400 via VB 6.0

9. This Old A3000 (keyboard, etc.)

10. WTB A3000 keyboard

11. Need replacement for A3000 keyboard

12. Keyboard for A3000

13. HELP: Setting up northgate keyboard /w A3000