War Wizard Tips?

Post by William Fa » Sat, 02 Oct 1993 14:52:34

Anyone have any general tips on War Wizard?  I've found some gold
coins in the Wizard's Hut and been to town.

I had a hard-time finding any semi-decent characters to join me in
my quest.  A sever lack of funds is stopping me from purchasing any
decent armour or weapons for my characters and their general
wimpiness is gettting them and me killed.

Is there any way of getting some powerful characters or lots of
money to buy equipment?  I spend most of the money I make healing
my characters, as they get bashed buy groups of monsters quite
often ;-(

- Jim

War Wizard Tips?

Post by Wrongw » Sat, 02 Oct 1993 16:03:03

Quote:>I had a hard-time finding any semi-decent characters to join me in
>my quest.  A sever lack of funds is stopping me from purchasing any
>decent armour or weapons for my characters and their general
>wimpiness is gettting them and me killed.

Vist a pub and get drunk (5 drinks will do it).  Then click on the
tables till you find one with characters that will join.  You
definitely need a cleric!

Quote:>Is there any way of getting some powerful characters or lots of
>money to buy equipment?  I spend most of the money I make healing
>my characters, as they get bashed buy groups of monsters quite
>often ;-(

To get some startup cash and equipment you can get a bunch of new
characters, take their money, gold and equip, then ditch them.  I find
its really good to get a few priests to sell their plate mail.  (Why
do priests have plate anyway?  They start out with more than they can
carry!)

Why are you paying money to heal characters?  Have your cleric heal
them.  Stay close to a town with an inn so you can memorize more
healing spells.

Rich
--
"It is amazing that when someone else spouts the nonsense you yourself
believe you can readily perceive it as nonsense."  -PKD               ___

War Wizard Tips?

Post by BASEL, LESL » Mon, 04 Oct 1993 02:32:00

Quote:

>Anyone have any general tips on War Wizard?  I've found some gold
>coins in the Wizard's Hut and been to town.

>I had a hard-time finding any semi-decent characters to join me in
>my quest.  A sever lack of funds is stopping me from purchasing any
>decent armour or weapons for my characters and their general
>wimpiness is gettting them and me killed.

>Is there any way of getting some powerful characters or lots of
>money to buy equipment?  I spend most of the money I make healing
>my characters, as they get bashed buy groups of monsters quite

  My problem is finding the game??  I have looked in wuarchive.wustl.edu
pub/aminet/game... and can't seem to find it.  I even looked in some of

        of the European but... they are all mirror sites.  What am I
doing wrong?  Where is it to be found (whine)

Rodger Coghlan

PS E-mail response would be appreciated as I can't use my news reader
   during the week (put Rodger in the SUBJ: line as this account belongs
   to LEB) --- Thanks in advance

War Wizard Tips?

Post by David Stims » Thu, 07 Oct 1993 01:42:36

>>Anyone have any general tips on War Wizard?  I've found some gold
>>coins in the Wizard's Hut and been to town.

>>I had a hard-time finding any semi-decent characters to join me in
>>my quest.  A sever lack of funds is stopping me from purchasing any
>>decent armour or weapons for my characters and their general
>>wimpiness is gettting them and me killed.

>>Is there any way of getting some powerful characters or lots of
>>money to buy equipment?  I spend most of the money I make healing
>>my characters, as they get bashed buy groups of monsters quite

Well, what I did to build up some cash:
1) get the coins in the chest where you start.
2) go to the town nearest you <just to the left and down a bit>
3) go to the tavern, get drunk, hire 3 of the lower hit point warriors
4) head off to the weapons and armor shop, sell off the higher valued items
from the 3 fighters, make sure you pool your gold to your WarWizard.
5) go to the inn, drop the 3 fighters from the party

Do steps 3-5 until the cases in the shops are full...

6) Then get a cleric and a magician and one of the higher hit point fighters.

This should give you a fairly rounded out party, and some good starting cash.

(David Stimson)              \/         What time is it?

1. Wizard Of War for Amiga?

Yes. You did read right! Im looking for Wizard Of War game for amiga.
I've played that on C64 and that't one of the best two player games i've
ever played. If someone has got Amiga version of this excellent game
that is PD or Shareware could you please send it to me as mail.

- Marko Turunen

--
Marko Turunen

P. 971 - 2821 661