FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by gate » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Ariadne II, new, sealed/unopened.

Zorro 2 ethernet card

$150 USD

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by m » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Ariadne II, new, sealed/unopened.

> Zorro 2 ethernet card

> $150 USD

funny, the new sale price at many stores is cheaper than this.

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by Kleng Hodnefjel » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> > Zorro 2 ethernet card
> > $150 USD
> funny, the new sale price at many stores is cheaper than this.

The most funny is that NOONE sells it anymore

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by J?rg Freun » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi Folks !

>> Ariadne II, new, sealed/unopened.

>> Zorro 2 ethernet card

>> $150 USD

>funny, the new sale price at many stores is cheaper than

this.

You can order it in Germany at
www.adx.de

it costs about 200,- DEM (100,- EUR) or about 100,- US$
--
cu J?rg :-)
Hier die 4 gr??ten Katastrophen, die die Menschheit in

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by David Oake » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Kleng Hodnefjell said to All:

Quote:>> > Zorro 2 ethernet card
>> > $150 USD
>> funny, the new sale price at many stores is cheaper than this.

The best prices aren't really much lower than that, Software Hut has
them for US$149 I think...

 KH> The most funny is that NOONE sells it anymore

They don't?  So how do you explain the two I just got from National
Amiga?  VillageTronic did a production run sometime around Christmas.

--
          -->>Remove the period between ns and tn to reply<<--

   Dartmouth NS | \\\///  Team    |
   Canada       |  \XX/   AMIGA   | ICQ #14502477
--

"42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!"

-*- ASTG 1.9

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by Adam Szymcza » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> They don't?  So how do you explain the two I just got from National
> Amiga?  VillageTronic did a production run sometime around Christmas.

Easily. You had to pre-order those two cards. If I were to "order" one
from National Amiga, I would get a nice email stating, well, "you are
out of luck" ;)

--
Adam Szymczak         Team AMIGA         ICQ: 14246745

The Wastebasket Newsletter - http://surf.to/szymczak

Please remove NOSPAM from email address before sending an email
--

Without Time Everything Would Happen At Once!

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by Adam Szymcza » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>>> Ariadne II, new, sealed/unopened.

>>> Zorro 2 ethernet card

>>> $150 USD

>>funny, the new sale price at many stores is cheaper than this.
> You can order it in Germany at
> www.adx.de
> it costs about 200,- DEM (100,- EUR) or about 100,- US$

You may be able to place an order, but I highly doubt it that you will
be able to actually receive one ;)

--
Adam Szymczak         Team AMIGA         ICQ: 14246745

The Wastebasket Newsletter - http://surf.to/szymczak

Please remove NOSPAM from email address before sending an email
--

Why don't we just give up and send all the money to Bill Gates now?

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by gate » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

m> > Ariadne II, new, sealed/unopened.
m> >
m> > Zorro 2 ethernet card
m> >
m> > $150 USD

m> funny, the new sale price at many stores is cheaper than this.

  That's less than what I paid for it new, a week ago. I'm not making any
profit on this.

  You'd be lucky to find anywhere selling an Ariadne 2 that's not on
backorder.

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by David Oake » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Adam Szymczak said to All:

 AS> Easily. You had to pre-order those two cards. If I were to
 AS> "order" one from National Amiga, I would get a nice email
 AS> stating, well, "you are out of luck" ;)

No, you'd get an e-mail saying that your order will have to wait until
the next production run, as their stock from the last run is already
sold out. :)  There are supposed to be more production runs, but the
way that Village Tronic now works, they don't do a production run
until dealers have told them about enough preorders.

--
          -->>Remove the period between ns and tn to reply<<--

   Dartmouth NS | \\\///  Team    |
   Canada       |  \XX/   AMIGA   | ICQ #14502477
--

I like to torture my plants by watering them with ice cubes. N.W.

-*- ASTG 1.9

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by Adam Szymcza » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Adam Szymczak said to All:

 AS>> Easily. You had to pre-order those two cards. If I were to
 AS>> "order" one from National Amiga, I would get a nice email
 AS>> stating, well, "you are out of luck" ;)

Quote:> No, you'd get an e-mail saying that your order will have to wait until
> the next production run, as their stock from the last run is already
> sold out. :)  There are supposed to be more production runs, but the
> way that Village Tronic now works, they don't do a production run
> until dealers have told them about enough preorders.

Oddly enough, I do not recall reading anything about future production
runs. So, you can be technical, but I'll be realistic. For all intents
and purposes it is next to impossible to currently order AND recieve a
new Ariadne II card from any Amiga retailer. I'll be more than happy
if you prove me wrong ;)

Pre-ordering and ordering are not the same.

--
Adam Szymczak         Team AMIGA         ICQ: 14246745

The Wastebasket Newsletter - http://surf.to/szymczak

Please remove NOSPAM from email address before sending an email
--

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by Roy » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Oddly enough, I do not recall reading anything about future production
>runs. So, you can be technical, but I'll be realistic. For all intents
>and purposes it is next to impossible to currently order AND recieve a
>new Ariadne II card from any Amiga retailer. I'll be more than happy
>if you prove me wrong ;)
>Pre-ordering and ordering are not the same.
>--
>Adam Szymczak         Team AMIGA         ICQ: 14246745

I am not sure, but try Mr. Hardware:

http://www.li.net/~hardware/

Last time I spoke with them (about 3 weeks ago), they said that they had the
Ariadne II cards actually in stock. They do not advertise that much, so maybe
they still have them, but it is quite possible that they sold out. I did not
feel like calling myself just to check if they had it in stock. You should ask
to speak to Russ Norby.

If anyone checks, let us know if they have them in stock - If they do, they
cannot have very many of them since it is a small local business.

Roy

FS: Ariadne II, new

Post by Daniel L. Stripe » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>> Adam Szymczak said to All:

 AS>>> Easily. You had to pre-order those two cards. If I were to
 AS>>> "order" one from National Amiga, I would get a nice email
 AS>>> stating, well, "you are out of luck" ;)

Quote:>> No, you'd get an e-mail saying that your order will have to wait until
>> the next production run, as their stock from the last run is already
>> sold out. :)  There are supposed to be more production runs, but the
>> way that Village Tronic now works, they don't do a production run
>> until dealers have told them about enough preorders.
>Oddly enough, I do not recall reading anything about future production
>runs. So, you can be technical, but I'll be realistic. For all intents
>and purposes it is next to impossible to currently order AND recieve a
>new Ariadne II card from any Amiga retailer. I'll be more than happy
>if you prove me wrong ;)

Devine had them in stock when I contacted them a few days ago.

Now, may we stop the pointless bickering and get back to messages about
what folks DO want to auction/buy/sell/trade?

Regards,

Daniel L. Stripes
+-----+-----------------+-----o------------+
| -|- |   // Team AMIGA |    /\ > '93 Vmax |
| (_) | \X/  NCAUG  589 |  O \  O VMOA 987 |
+-----+-----------------+------------------+
Created 30-Jan-00 09:35:02 using THOR 2.6a #1892 and CygnusEd Pro V4.20.

1. Ariadne II FS

I have an Ariadne II networking card for sale.

Fully working, complete with original box, software disks and manual.

Best reasonable offer plus postage.

--
    ------->>>>>>>>Remove the *.obvious* to reply<<<<<<<<-----

 Eastern Passage NS | \\\///  Team    |
 Canada             |  \XX/   AMIGA   | ICQ #14502477
--

I'll take "Famous Taglines" for $1000, Alex.

-*- ASTG 1.9

2. Error msg on first connect

3. FS: Village Tronic Ariadne II ethernet card

4. Notes & SQL Server

5. FS: A4000 + Cyberstorm Mk III + Ariadne II + Picasso IV

6. DEC LA50-RA

7. FS: Ariadne II Ethernet Card

8. SWOS HD installer

9. FS: Villagetronic Ariadne II Ethernet Board $149.00

10. FS: Ariadne II