Need installation instructions for Megachip2000

Need installation instructions for Megachip2000

Post by Dennis M. Rowle » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
    I was able to get a used Megachip for my 2000, but the seller did not
have installation instructions.  Can anyone out there help me?  Thanks

Dennis M. Rowley

Need installation instructions for Megachip2000

Post by Oliver Da » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Just remove the Fat angus from the mother board (Under the drive bays), Its
the only square chip there, Some older A2000's (Like mine) dont have them so
look out (I meen not square ones) whic I have not seen any upgrades for.

Need installation instructions for Megachip2000

Post by Garry Cardina » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,
>    I was able to get a used Megachip for my 2000, but the seller did not
>have installation instructions.  Can anyone out there help me?  Thanks

     I have the instruction booklet for DKB Software's MegaChip 2000/500.

     Your Amiga 500 or 2000 has to be configured for 1MB of Chip RAM.
     Details depend on the motherboard version, but if this has been
     done already, Avail will show >512K.

     The MegaChip board has to be populated with a 2MB Agnus part number
     8375.

     The clip on the MegaChip board connects to pin 36 of Gary or pin 48
     of the 68000.

--

     http://www.planet.eon.net/~garryc/    \X/      Edmonton Alberta Canada