okimate 20 color printer

Post by Brian Da » Fri, 30 Sep 1994 05:15:24

Although it's old, it still does a great job with text or graphics.
I love my Okimate 20 color printer.  Only one problem:  I lost the
address of the place where I used to buy paper by mail order.  I've
checked at many of the chain office supply stores in Silicon Valley,
as well as contacting places where I can still get ribbons for it,
but I can't find the clay-coated fan-fold paper.  I've even talked
to several Okidata tech support personnel and distributors.  Nobody
has a clue.

I would be very grateful if someone could respond to my email address
if they know where to mail-order Okimate 20 paper.  A supplier in
the greater San Jose area would also work.

--
B2000 / Zeus 68040 / 18M / 620M / Toaster 3.1
Brian Dady  -  Video Magic              ///

====================================\XX/=====

okimate 20 color printer

Post by John P Shee » Sat, 01 Oct 1994 01:49:16

>Although it's old, it still does a great job with text or graphics.
>I love my Okimate 20 color printer.  Only one problem:  I lost the
>address of the place where I used to buy paper by mail order.  I've
>checked at many of the chain office supply stores in Silicon Valley,
>as well as contacting places where I can still get ribbons for it,
>but I can't find the clay-coated fan-fold paper.  I've even talked
>to several Okidata tech support personnel and distributors.  Nobody
>has a clue.

>I would be very grateful if someone could respond to my email address
>if they know where to mail-order Okimate 20 paper.  A supplier in
>the greater San Jose area would also work.

I've always thought that it would be neat to have thermal paper for the
Okimate 20 that had tractor hole borders on them.  You could print text
forever, limited only by the amount of paper you have.  I've tried with
fax paper, but the paper always becomes misaligned after a few feet (and
of course there are no page perforations).

>--
>B2000 / Zeus 68040 / 18M / 620M / Toaster 3.1
>Brian Dady  -  Video Magic              ///
>Santa Clara, California                ///

>====================================\XX/=====

okimate 20 color printer

Post by John P Shee » Sun, 02 Oct 1994 01:39:05

Quote:Zapper writes:
>I am having the same problem getting the good heat sensitive fan fold
>paper. My vendor told me it was no longer being produced. He sold me
>some HP-DeskJet Fanfold though and it is almost as good. You might want
>to give it a try.

Thanks for this info.  I've been told that there was no such paper and
gave up hope.  I'll see if I can find this.

Quote:>ZAPPER - huh?  what was that??

okimate 20 color printer

Post by Peter G » Wed, 05 Oct 1994 07:44:48

>Although it's old, it still does a great job with text or graphics.
>I love my Okimate 20 color printer.  Only one problem:  I lost the
>address of the place where I used to buy paper by mail order.  I've
>checked at many of the chain office supply stores in Silicon Valley,
>as well as contacting places where I can still get ribbons for it,
>but I can't find the clay-coated fan-fold paper.  I've even talked
>to several Okidata tech support personnel and distributors.  Nobody
>has a clue.
>I would be very grateful if someone could respond to my email address
>if they know where to mail-order Okimate 20 paper.  A supplier in
>the greater San Jose area would also work.

brian you may want to try an outlet that specializes in paper for
integrators.  i got a role of tractor feed fax paper that was from an
integrator. (a piece of analytical equipment.  used to display and
calculate the output of a gas chromatograph/high pressure liquid
chromatograph etc.)

i can't believe this. ! :)
i think that the okimate 20 printers are a heap of shit.
i had tractor feed thermal paper for it and it was slow, and extremely
annoying. it also took me half an hour to re-feed the paper, it was so
finicky. yuk.
ask for printing on real paper with a colour / black ribbon. forget it,
unless you want to manual ensure that the paper does not get out of
alignement. the whole thing was a joke.
i am VERY glad i upgraded to a CITOH CJ 300 inkjet printer, i takes real
cut sheet paper, and prints with better quality, is faster, and much more
reliable.

ok, nuff said from me.... (we all can have our 2 Cents worth ) :)

cheers

Peter Gee BPharm(hons)
School of Pharmacy
University of Tasmania