Wired looking for the year's top vaporware products

Wired looking for the year's top vaporware products

Post by bulk_tr » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 23:21:11

Wired.com is once again taking votes in their annual contest for the
top vaporware products of the year, either hardware or software. The
"New Amiga" actually made it all the way up to #2 in the 1999 voting.
This year, the AmigaOne and AmigaOS 4.0 could both be candidates, but
with so many people having moved on to other platforms in the last two
years it could be tough to get out enough votes.

Wired looking for the year's top vaporware products

Post by John Burn » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:12:07

Quote:>Wired.com is once again taking votes in their annual contest for the
>top vaporware products of the year, either hardware or software. The
>"New Amiga" actually made it all the way up to #2 in the 1999 voting.
>This year, the AmigaOne and AmigaOS 4.0 could both be candidates, but
>with so many people having moved on to other platforms in the last two
>years it could be tough to get out enough votes.

What's up.  Took too much of a slagging on you last post, did you?  The
words pathetic and dipshit come to mind.

P.S.  Posting from an IBM compatible doesn't help your credibility

Post by bulk_tr » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 17:27:44

> >Wired.com is once again taking votes in their annual contest for the
> >top vaporware products of the year, either hardware or software. The
> >"New Amiga" actually made it all the way up to #2 in the 1999 voting.
> >This year, the AmigaOne and AmigaOS 4.0 could both be candidates, but
> >with so many people having moved on to other platforms in the last two
> >years it could be tough to get out enough votes.

> What's up.  Took too much of a slagging on you last post, did you?  The
> words pathetic and dipshit come to mind.

  Try sleeping it off before you reply next time.

Quote:> P.S.  Posting from an IBM compatible doesn't help your credibility

  So what? I don't use one.

Wired looking for the year's top vaporware products

Post by Paul Copse » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 04:49:04

On 20 Nov 2001 06:21:11 -0800,

> Wired.com is once again taking votes in their annual contest for the
> top vaporware products of the year, either hardware or software. The
> "New Amiga" actually made it all the way up to #2 in the 1999 voting.
> This year, the AmigaOne and AmigaOS 4.0 could both be candidates,

Not really, weren't they both supposed to be out during 2000?

Paul

Post by John Burn » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:03:26

>> >Wired.com is once again taking votes in their annual contest for the
>> >top vaporware products of the year, either hardware or software. The
>> >"New Amiga" actually made it all the way up to #2 in the 1999 voting.
>> >This year, the AmigaOne and AmigaOS 4.0 could both be candidates, but
>> >with so many people having moved on to other platforms in the last two
>> >years it could be tough to get out enough votes.

>> What's up.  Took too much of a slagging on you last post, did you?  The
>> words pathetic and dipshit come to mind.
>  Try sleeping it off before you reply next time.

I refer you to my previous comment.

Post by bulk_tr » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:24:19

> On 20 Nov 2001 06:21:11 -0800,

> > Wired.com is once again taking votes in their annual contest for the
> > top vaporware products of the year, either hardware or software. The
> > "New Amiga" actually made it all the way up to #2 in the 1999 voting.
> > This year, the AmigaOne and AmigaOS 4.0 could both be candidates,

> Not really, weren't they both supposed to be out during 2000?

  The longer the better. I think Windows 2000 once made the list two
years in a row.