Best Serial card?

Post by Sean Musso » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi
   I want another seriald card as my old a1200 mobo took my last one
down with it when it broke.I used to have the hypercom1 but what other
choices are there and does anyone have a preference?

Best Serial card?

Post by Kleng Hodnefjel » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>    I want another seriald card as my old a1200 mobo took my last one
> down with it when it broke.I used to have the hypercom1 but what other
> choices are there and does anyone have a preference?`

I did have a Multiface card 3 on my Zorro based Amiga, it failed, and the
repair was very simple. I just changed a pair of bufferchips as I bought
from a local radio/tv repair shop.

I mean, maybe you can fix it ?

Best Serial card?

Post by Ross Vumbac » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

> >    I want another seriald card as my old a1200 mobo took my last one
> > down with it when it broke.I used to have the hypercom1 but what other
> > choices are there and does anyone have a preference?`

> I did have a Multiface card 3 on my Zorro based Amiga, it failed, and the
> repair was very simple. I just changed a pair of bufferchips as I bought
> from a local radio/tv repair shop.

> I mean, maybe you can fix it ?

Yeah, the serial driver and receiver chips are very easy to destroy, and
they are very important. They are worth changing to try and fix your
hypercom since they are cheap - if it doesn't work, it's no great
expense. Hopefully, they are not SMT..! The part numbers to look for
are: (MC)1488 and (MC)1489 - they may or may not have MC, and the MC
might be replaced with something else (it is just the manufacturers
code).

Regards,

Ross..

--
*TO E-MAIL ME: Reverse the order of the domain name in my e-mail
address.*

Ross Vumbaca, a 'poor' Uni student at USyd.edu.au

if you e-mail me!)

Running on an Amiga 3000, NEC M700 17" thingy,
030/25, ECS, 8Mb Fast, 2Mb Chip, SCSI HDD's (never mind their size)
Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), OS 3.5, and an Opalvision card -
("Designed in Australia", and keeping the Zorro bus populated).
--

Best Serial card?

Post by Sean Musso » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Following on from Ross Vumbaca's comments about Re: Best Serial card? on Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:56:58 +1100 > Hi,

> > >    I want another seriald card as my old a1200 mobo took my last one
> > > down with it when it broke.I used to have the hypercom1 but what other
> > > choices are there and does anyone have a preference?`

> > I mean, maybe you can fix it ?

> Yeah, the serial driver and receiver chips are very easy to destroy, and
> they are very important. They are worth changing to try and fix your
> hypercom since they are cheap - if it doesn't work, it's no great
> expense. Hopefully, they are not SMT..! The part numbers to look for
> are: (MC)1488 and (MC)1489 - they may or may not have MC, and the MC
> might be replaced with something else (it is just the manufacturers
> code).
> thanks for the info ross i know of a couple of ppl who have

destroyed their serial cards so i'll pass on this info

Quote:> Regards,

--
Cheers
Sean

Best Serial card?

Post by Gl.. » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> + On 14-Feb-00 12:58:47

Quote:>I did have a Multiface card 3 on my Zorro based Amiga, it failed, and the
>repair was very simple. I just changed a pair of bufferchips as I bought
>from a local radio/tv repair shop.

I did the same with my card, but I had the chip laying on a PCB in my junkbox..

Still working today :)

| Apollo fastslot accelerators page - Http://www.canit.se/~glenn/apollo.html |

|      / __\ __                     | Homepage ?? http://www.canit.se/~glenn |

| (__/ /_ // / -_) _  ) _  )__)     | 9 Amigas, lot of PC's and 8bit's.      |
|    \___//_/\__/_//_/_//_/         | T h e  K i n g d o m  o f  S w e d e n |

1. Best of the best 24bit cards

: Well, I just got a letter from my bank saying that I haven't pissed
: away enough money on frivolous computer hardware yet this month, so...
: It's time for a 24bit board!
: Pretend you're me. You have an A4000/040 with 18 megs o' ram and a
: 2 gig hard drive, 17" multiscan monitor, scsi card, and $1000 to
: spend on a 24bit card. What would you buy, and why?
Well, suggest I'm you. I own an Amiga 3000 with 18 MB Ram, just a
223 MB SCSI-II Harddisk, a 17" multiscan monitor, scsi inbuilt,
and a  PICASSOII with 2 MB. Additionally, I own AmigaDos 3.1 which
works quite nice, with my graphics board and I can display upto
1600x1280 in 256 colors (well my monitor will display it only up to
1280x1024). It's only ZorroII, but it's the most stable board around.
Of course I use TVPaint2.0.1 and Imagemaster R/T which uses up
memory very quickly.

So long...
           Stefan

2. Accessing ErgoNet

3. ADOCE Join problem

4. Query: A4000/030 with A4066 Ethernet card, SCSI card and Dual Serial board

5. WTS: SUN SS10's

6. (UK) WTB: Serial card + GFX Card

7. Fw: Crystal Reports

8. CMS Multi-serial card VS ASDG's dual port card

9. OpalVision card, a2232 multi-serial card, A500 system complete

10. FS - A2065 Ethernet card & A2232 multi-serial card

11. What's the Best serial.device Replacement?

12. What is the best software to connect a AMIGA with PC (Serial or Printer cable) ?