Bill Gates and "The Site" (was Re: Should the BeBox become the new Amiga?

Post by George No » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>: Sells software for Microsoft be he indirectly sells hardware for the other
>: companies also in which he also reaps in the benefit for because he has
>: stock in those companies.

>He might also have stock in a banana plantation, doesn't mean he sells
>bananas. :)

Why not? All the chimps that buy into his marketing scheme have to get
their food from somewhere! :)

But seriously.. the bloat in the software sells processors, memory and
hard drives which Bill Gates gets money from also (besides the software).
When his OS/software is bundled with newly sold machines.. whether the
consumer uses it or not, he gets the money for it.  He sells buggy
software and makes people think that a computer program = bugs = will be
fixed next version, which we will also charge you for... thus more money
in that way also.

But just to go against the grain here for a minute, even though Microsoft
is a partner with NBC in their news channel MS-NBC, the computer related
show on it called "The Site" uses.. as a web browser non other then
Netscape Navigator instead of Microsoft's own Internet Explorer! I had a
laugh when I read that! :)

Quote:>Regards,

>BM

-=*George*=-

Post by Byron Montgomer » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

: >He might also have stock in a banana plantation, doesn't mean he sells
: >bananas. :)

: Why not? All the chimps that buy into his marketing scheme have to get
: their food from somewhere! :)

Hmmm, is that really necessary?  You get upset when people riddicule your
choice in computers, I would figure you would not want to do the same?

: But seriously.. the bloat in the software sells processors, memory and
: hard drives which Bill Gates gets money from also (besides the software).

Sure, but is that a bad thing?  The result of that is more hardware for your
money.  Bill's evil is on the software side.

: When his OS/software is bundled with newly sold machines.. whether the
: consumer uses it or not, he gets the money for it.  He sells buggy

A lot of PCs are also sold without an os.

: software and makes people think that a computer program = bugs = will be
: fixed next version, which we will also charge you for... thus more money
: in that way also.

The evil I see is screwing with his own os in order to sell more of his own
applications and hinder the competition.

Regards,

BM

Bill Gates and "The Site" (was Re: Should the BeBox become the new Amiga?

Post by George No » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>: >He might also have stock in a banana plantation, doesn't mean he sells
>: >bananas. :)

>: Why not? All the chimps that buy into his marketing scheme have to get
>: their food from somewhere! :)

>Hmmm, is that really necessary?  You get upset when people riddicule your
>choice in computers, I would figure you would not want to do the same?

I don't fully like the PC architecture but with the above comments, it was
mainly aimed at his software empire marketing scheme and sales.  But with
Bill Gates and the way things are going now.. I don't think a lot of the
consumers really worry what is behind the architecture as long as it runs
Windows and its spinoff applications. This is what needs to be stopped.

If I see one more "Oops there goes another * tree" Microsoft ad, I
think I will go crazy! :) They must be counting how many people (*
trees) they are converting to the "Wintel" monopoly.

How about that Intel Pentium processor commercial where some guy is
playing monopoly through the net with another guy in some other state and
that his game of monopoly would be "that much better if he were using.."
They must be grasping at straws for commercial ideas now! :)

I don't mind this common dislike for Intel and Microsoft (thus Bill Gates)
as it is so widespread. Slap a decent OS on those systems like OS/2 or
Linux etc. and Intel doesn't look as evil but when compared to Motorolla
etc. they do. :) I won't get into specific namebrands, I could, based on
quality (as you have seen before) but to me, one PC clone is as bad as the
next.  I have a bit more respect for the Macintosh, but not it's OS.  This
is a different arguement then whether one uses an Amiga 1000, 500, 1200 or
2/3/4000 or whteher or not they still make use out of their C64. To me
they are all Amigas or a "predecessor" to them, most serve a common ground
with the others offering slightly better performance... but all of them belong
to the same "family".  To me this "family" has a better architecture of
hardware and OS design then the rest of the computer industry.  It is not the
Amiga's fault that R&D has stopped on it for over 4 years.  Besides which,
I wasn't getting specific in naming people (computer users) in the
situation.. big difference. :)

Quote:>: But seriously.. the bloat in the software sells processors, memory and
>: hard drives which Bill Gates gets money from also (besides the software).

>Sure, but is that a bad thing?  The result of that is more hardware for your
>money.  Bill's evil is on the software side.

That is not a bad thing for the consumer but for business it is.

Quote:>: When his OS/software is bundled with newly sold machines.. whether the
>: consumer uses it or not, he gets the money for it.  He sells buggy

>A lot of PCs are also sold without an os.

I agree.. all those that came with DOS and Windows. :)

Quote:>: software and makes people think that a computer program = bugs = will be
>: fixed next version, which we will also charge you for... thus more money
>: in that way also.

>The evil I see is screwing with his own os in order to sell more of his own
>applications and hinder the competition.

True but Bill Gates is the only person who can sell beta software to
people in which they actually have to PAY to help Microsoft work the bugs
out of their programs.. which they never do entirely... leading to an
endless loop! :)
Quote:>Regards,

>BM

1. AMIGA 4000 with WARP sale"""""""""""""""""""""""""

4000 50megs ram,Warp 040/40, 120HD,320HD,340HD,2meg chip.
All mint $4200

4000 24megs ram,Warp 040/40mhz, 120HD,500HD,2meg chip ram.
Mint shape
$3500

Both systems work great and the 50 meg system has lots of software
on it.
24meg system has some.

Will include a bernoulli disk full of objects for either system.
150 meg disk with tons of objects  etc.

2. RTF \fldrslt command. What is it?

3. Amiga & The Assassination of Bill Gates ("Nothing So Strange")

4. Bug or changed functionality in "Price History" investment-chart ?

5. Why did "DH0:" mysteriously become "HD0:" ??????

6. Lost my categories

7. Jack Andrews "Pies" Bill Gates!!!

8. SqlCommandBuilder and Stored Procedures

9. Bill "I Scream for Ice Cream" Gates

10. Should the BeBox become the new Am

11. Origin of "boot", "bug", "crash",...

12. Mind.forth "mind21.lha" in "Files" #43 "Programming"