A1200 floppy/display problems

Post by A.C. Cro » Fri, 05 Mar 1993 23:55:20

I have just received my new A1200 and have encountered some problems:

1. The internal floppy refuses to recognise a disk ~20% of the time...
2. When the floppy is accessed it interferes severely with the screen.
3. Strange vertical green band on the left of the display.

I am using a Princeton Ultra 1400 monitor, and a friends 1200
does not produce the interference. All mains cables etc have been
moved from the vicinity of the video display.

The interference takes the form of about 20 vertical bands...

Any suggestions as to whether the dodgy floppy would be causing this
interference or has anyone else had similar problems??

Thanks in advance,

Computing Laboratory, U of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK NE1 7RU.

Post by Marc-Berco Fu » Tue, 09 Mar 1993 19:06:21

>I have just received my new A1200 and have encountered some problems:
>1. The internal floppy refuses to recognise a disk ~20% of the time...
>2. When the floppy is accessed it interferes severely with the screen.
>3. Strange vertical green band on the left of the display.

Can't answer for the other points, but as for point 2 maybe you've
read my posting about similar probs. The interference (barely visible
black lines, in my case) occurs mainly during heavy track changing.
I believe it has something to do with the insufficient power supply
(25W). On my A2000 (150W) I have never experienced such interference.
BTW: Can it really be, that it takes 12 secs. from reboot 'till any-
thing happens?!?!?!?

>Any suggestions as to whether the dodgy floppy would be causing this
>interference or has anyone else had similar problems??
>Thanks in advance,

>Computing Laboratory, U of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK NE1 7RU.

Hope that somehow answers your question!

--

Aarhus University
Denmark

Aarhus University
Denmark

1. Help 3000 Display Problem (Monitor Display ok, A520 not ;(

I recently purchased a 3000 and am experiencing some display problems.

I initially after receiving it tried to get things running using
a A520 RF modulator's composite out to my VCR and my TV.  I had
been using that setup with a 500 for quite sometime.

The 3000, however, will not display with this setup.  What does
appear on the TV is a very faint monochrome image.  It is too faint
to recognize anything other than occasional Menu or screen movement
and that is in the best case, usually can't see anything.

I took the machine to my office and it displayed fine in NTSC/PAL
Hires/Lores modes Super72 modes without any problems from the
31khz port with the deinterlacer on and off.

The Euro modes and NTSC/PAL superhires modes displayed with strange
artifacting. (alright I can live with that never use them anyway.)

However I do need to know what the hell is wrong with the A520 setup.
What would it not be working?

I need to get a response back soon so if you have an idea please mail
me now.  I have to take care of insurance claims etc... ;(

E-mail replies please...
--
James Miller
Coordinator for International Relations

2. How secure is my connection ?

3. A1200 Display Problems

4. Rulaunch problem

5. Help with Oracle 8.1.6 for SGI

6. Display problem for A1200

7. Timeouts

8. Amiga A1200 display problem!!Haylp!!

9. A1200 Display Problems

10. Strange display-problems on A1200

11. A1200 Display Problem - Can anyone hel

12. A1200 display problems