Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga advoca

Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga advoca

Post by Simon Gorna » Sat, 15 Oct 1994 21:37:57

!
! > ! The DSP is useful, but limited because it's only an integer uint. I'll keep
! > ! my 25MHz 68882 thanks.
! >
! > It's not an integer unit, it's a fixed-point unit. You can argue that
! > fixed point is really integer*2, but it's still more useful than a
! > true integer unit.
!
! Not much, it just saves you a couple of shift operations. It's a lot less useful
! than full floating point.

I'm not convinced there are that many applications where a 48bit fixed
point number isn't accurate enough. Even raytracers have (allegedly)
been ported, specifically POV, although I've yet to get my hands on it.

ATB,
        Simon.
--

> Microsoft is not the answer.  Microsoft is the question.  NO is the answer <

1. Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga a

Recently?

Bars and Pipes isn't NEW to the Amiga.  It's had outstanding MIDI sequencers
for a number of years now.

There's nothing recent about it.

 ** UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY - PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHAREWARE CONCEPT **
---
 | AmiQWK 2.5 | Is it a bigger crime to rob a bank or to open one?

2. We have another WINNER

3. Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga advocate!

4. Mac SCSI disk on Sun?

5. War Games C64,Atari,Apple,Atari ST

6. TAN AT HOME WITHOUT THE SUN

7. RFD: create newsgroup comp.sys.amiga.advocacy.advocacy

8. Skipper won't recognize Launch Pad Dialer

9. Can games be claimed as depedents?

10. Am I reading comp.sys.amiga.games.virtual.karting???

11. Commodore makes "Amiga" a game machine

12. Amiga CD32 Game Machine With Floppy Drive Question?