Bill Gates has gone too far this time!@#

Post by Stephen Edward » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

</SARCASM>

[] "No footnote for you!" -- Footnote Nazi
--
.-----.
|[_] :| Stephen S. Edwards II | http://www.primenet.com/~rakmount
| =  :| "But something's wrong.  It takes me a moment to pin it down;
|     |  the monitor's different.  Instead of the nice 17' Trinitron,
|_..._|  there's a 15' raster gun in a dirty plastic case." -- Ben in ASR

Bill Gates has gone too far this time!@#

Post by Little Pig » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
>companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

>http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

>I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
>you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

>Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

></SARCASM>

>[] "No footnote for you!" -- Footnote Nazi

20 million? big deal ... like they're beggars at MIT anyways. Maybe he
should donate money to an organisation from which he can't benefit in
some way.

Bill Gates has gone too far this time!@#

Post by Steven C. Den Bes » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:47:10 GMT, Little Piggy added this to Deja News:

>>Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
>>companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

>>http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

>>I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
>>you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

>>Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

>></SARCASM>

>>[] "No footnote for you!" -- Footnote Nazi

>20 million? big deal ... like they're beggars at MIT anyways. Maybe he
>should donate money to an organisation from which he can't benefit in
>some way.

Oh, he has. In December he donated $100 million to pay for immunizations for
children around the world.

--------

You can be part of the greatest scientific experiment of all time!
           http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Post by Bill Hogget » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
>companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

>http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

>I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
>you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

>Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

></SARCASM>

Haven't we seen behaviour like this somewhere before? Senator Gates?
President Gates?
Not long now...

He must've read my post about some people wanting to make him Terran
President and got a new idea. Me and my big mouth!

Bill

Post by Mart » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
> companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

> http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

> I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
> you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

Giving away Windoze workstations is not exactly in the same category as
building shelters for abused children.  Wouldn't you agree?  You think that
$20M has no strings attached?

Bill was more than happy to help carry out those tired old Unix
workstations to make room for his generous donation.

"We're going to look back at how we're doing things today and we're going
to view it as very primitive in 10 years." - Bill Gates

Hmm... I think he overestimated that by about 11 years.

- Marty

Bill Gates has gone too far this time!@#

Post by Chris Welc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Surely 20 or 100 or whatever million is just the beginning right? He's
on track to become a trillionare. Surely a billion in food and housing
is possible. Hell, he'd get good PR too. It's good for both sides.

--
-
http://www.veryComputer.com/~cmwelch1

Great spirits have always encountered * opposition from
mediocre minds - Albert Einstein

Bill Gates has gone too far this time!@#

Post by Mark Kelle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm not a Bill Gates fan but what he does with his money doesn't bother me a
bit.  It's his, and he can do with it whatever he likes.  I won't be any more
or less impressed, no matter how he spends it.  He doesn't judge me for what I
do with my money, and I don't judge him for what he does with his.

> Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
> companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

> http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

> I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
> you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

> Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

> </SARCASM>

> [] "No footnote for you!" -- Footnote Nazi
> --
> .-----.
> |[_] :| Stephen S. Edwards II | http://www.primenet.com/~rakmount
> | =  :| "But something's wrong.  It takes me a moment to pin it down;
> |     |  the monitor's different.  Instead of the nice 17' Trinitron,
> |_..._|  there's a 15' raster gun in a dirty plastic case." -- Ben in ASR

--
Mark Kelley * MIS Coordinator * Purdue University
1140 Ag. Administration * West Lafayette, IN * 47907-1140

Post by Xcott Crav » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
>>companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

>>http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

>>I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
>>you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

        I can see it now:  headlines screaming that Bill gates donates
        [an estimated] 100 million dollars [in Windows NT and MS Office
        licenses] to our nation's homeless.
                                                        -S

        [...With the brackets edited out, of course.]

Post by jed » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I'm not a Bill Gates fan but what he does with his money doesn't bother me a
>bit.  It's his, and he can do with it whatever he likes.  I won't be any more
>or less impressed, no matter how he spends it.  He doesn't judge me for what I
>do with my money, and I don't judge him for what he does with his.

        It's Carnegie or Jackson vs. Scrooge.

        Some can spend it in style. That at least can be some consolation
        after they've swindled you. It was put to some remotely good use.
        At least somoene (vs noone) seems to benefit from the exercise.

>> Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
>> companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

>> http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

>> I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
>> you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

>> Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

>> </SARCASM>

>> [] "No footnote for you!" -- Footnote Nazi
>> --
>> .-----.
>> |[_] :| Stephen S. Edwards II | http://www.primenet.com/~rakmount
>> | =  :| "But something's wrong.  It takes me a moment to pin it down;
>> |     |  the monitor's different.  Instead of the nice 17' Trinitron,
>> |_..._|  there's a 15' raster gun in a dirty plastic case." -- Ben in ASR

>--
>Mark Kelley * MIS Coordinator * Purdue University
>1140 Ag. Administration * West Lafayette, IN * 47907-1140

--

  "I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die     |||
   while you discuss this invasion in committe."          / | \

        In search of sane PPP docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com

Post by Joe Ragos » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I'm not a Bill Gates fan but what he does with his money doesn't bother me a
> bit.  It's his, and he can do with it whatever he likes.  I won't be any more
> or less impressed, no matter how he spends it.  He doesn't judge me for what I
> do with my money, and I don't judge him for what he does with his.

Agreed. It's completely irrelevant to this group.

> > Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
> > companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

> > http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

> > I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
> > you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

> > Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

--
Regards,

Joe Ragosta

The Complete Macintosh Page's new location:
http://www.ammunitionhq.com/ragosta/complmac.htm

Bill Gates has gone too far this time!@#

Post by Joe Ragos » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Surely 20 or 100 or whatever million is just the beginning right? He's
> on track to become a trillionare. Surely a billion in food and housing
> is possible. Hell, he'd get good PR too. It's good for both sides.

While it's irrelevant to this group (what he does with his money is none
of your business), you're not being fair.

What percentage of his current income does he give away? It's probably a
lot higher than you're implying. His net worth isn't useful in determining
whether he's a big giver or not. If he were to die tomorrow and he didn't
give anything to charity, you could say he was cheap, but that _still_
doesn't have anything to do with this group.

--
Regards,

Joe Ragosta

The Complete Macintosh Page's new location:
http://www.ammunitionhq.com/ragosta/complmac.htm

Bill Gates has gone too far this time!@#

Post by Mark Kelle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> >I'm not a Bill Gates fan but what he does with his money doesn't bother me a
> >bit.  It's his, and he can do with it whatever he likes.  I won't be any more
> >or less impressed, no matter how he spends it.  He doesn't judge me for what I
> >do with my money, and I don't judge him for what he does with his.

>         It's Carnegie or Jackson vs. Scrooge.

>         Some can spend it in style. That at least can be some consolation
>         after they've swindled you. It was put to some remotely good use.
>         At least somoene (vs noone) seems to benefit from the exercise.

If someone swindles money from me, or takes it by other dishonest means, then I
would feel differently.  To the degree that Microsoft may have used illegal tactics
to gain their position, then I hop the government invokes severe penalties.

However, as to what Bill Gates does with his money, unless our courts can show that
he obtained it illegally, then it is his and he is free, and should be free, to
spend it or give it away or bury it in the ground, as he sees fit.

Post by Trevor Smi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Oh, he has. In December he donated $100 million to pay for immunizations for
> children around the world.

Did he really?  I'm quite interested (and impressed if it's true) by
this news.  Can you point me to the source?  (Not that I distrust you
-- you *know* I love you Steve -- I'm just curious).

 Trevor Smith               | Everyone must believe in something.

           haligonian . com |                 - Hank Thoreau

Post by David J. Owen » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Oh, that dirty bastard!  It's bad enough that he's allowing thousands of
> companies to make money, but after this, I just have zero respect for him!

> http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9904/13/gates.mit.ap/

> I mean come _ON!_  Giving money to educational institutions?!  Next thing
> you know, he's going to start building shelters for abused children.

> Oh what a terrible fate we're in for from Microsoft.

> </SARCASM>

Not only that, but Bill Gates just gave $1.5 million to help the
Kosovo refugees.

1. How far oes the gates seed go...

Bill Gates suppresses competition, as in other businesses. But the Amiga
has that beat, they suppress their own users/customers. And they further
promote their users/customers to help do this task.

How pathetic.

What, can't anyone name the so called mailing list Aaron presented me
with a slanderious clip from?

You are you afraid of being yourself ostrisized from that collective?

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*

2. Win/OS2 is very flaky; NEED HELP!

3. Amazing how AMIGA, so far ahead of its time... *loses* out to Bill Geek, er, Gates.

4. producing a list of bibliography by topic from a single bib file

5. That anti-Bill Gates mp3

6. Buddy 2.0 & World Time - Bug?

7. Warp Re: All HAIL O/S King Bill GATES, ON LETTERMAN Monday 11/27/95.

8. Long term amiga users and their plans

9. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating systems.

10. More cream pies for Bill Gates [update]

11. Bill gates uses Amiga at home

12. Bill Gates terrified at WOA developments