Team17

Post by Stuart Campbel » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>   Why, do you think you're so important that I go around having
> opinions about you? I don't have a clue who you are, let alone what
> you're like. All I have to base my opinions about you on are your
> postings here, in which you haven't exactly come across as Mr.
> Reasonable. Asking total strangers to 'Piss off hippy' isn't what I'd
> call clever.

Stefan, I only started talking to you here because you had a go at me
first. I don't think I'm "important" at all, I just don't like being lied
about or to. And Mika was being annoying and stupid, and is clearly a
hippy, therefore "Piss off hippy" seems to me like an *entirely* reasonable
response in the circumstances, going by the dictionary definition of
"reasonable". Clever is a matter of opinion, as is humour.

(Liking Marillion is an issue of personal taste. Advertising the fact in
public is a poor judgement call, in more ways than one.)

Quote:> >The facts, as I said, are on our website. They're entirely and fully
true,
> >otherwise they would be libellous themselves. Anyone who gives a
monkey's
> >about knowing the truth can find them there.

>   I haven't bothered to look.

Enough said.

Quote:> But I'm sure you agree, the truth can
> rarely be found by listening to just one party of a conflict.

Except this time, it can. Because all the facts found there are true and
complete. Take a look for yourself - if anything is wrong or missing, tell
us and we'll put it right immediately. But it isn't.

(And if you still can't be bothered looking for yourself, please refrain
from casting aspertions on our accuracy.)

Team17

Post by Stefan Bobe » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>> >make. ("A million copies in Europe" is, frankly, tosh).

>>    Yap yap yap. Whatever, Stuart. Of course you know better than our
>> sales dept. how many units have been sold.
>Sigh. And they'd be an impartial source, of course. All I can say is that
>when Amiga Format were told that Worms had sold over 100,000 by T17, actual
>official Chart-Talk figures said 35,000. I don't make the rules. And I know
>who I believe.

   But that doesn't really cover the whole world does it? Or even the
whole of Europe, right? Anyway, AFAIK, Gallup doesn't track all sales
in the UK even.

Team17

Post by Mika Yrj|l » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Stefan, I only started talking to you here because you had a go at me
> first. I don't think I'm "important" at all, I just don't like being lied
> about or to. And Mika was being annoying and stupid, and is clearly a
> hippy, therefore "Piss off hippy" seems to me like an *entirely* reasonable
> response in the circumstances, going by the dictionary definition of
> "reasonable". Clever is a matter of opinion, as is humour.

Erm. You would mind telling me excactly what you classify as
"annoying" and "stupid" in my followup? And honestly, I think that at
least your manners would need a bit of sharpening. If your mother,
co-worker or someone who asks you something does annoy you you call
them stupid, hippy, bonehead or something as nice? That's polite and
correct behaviour in your opinion? Sigh. Well, even if I'm stupid I
prefer being polite and stupid to being clever and insulting...

Quote:> > (Liking Marillion is an issue of personal taste. Advertising the fact in
> public is a poor judgement call, in more ways than one.)

Tell me what is so bad about having that in my signature? As far as I
know there isn't any specific rule about what kind of things you can
include in that. (Excluding obvious like advertising stuff like "Visit
my great #WaReZ/KiDdIe*# site!!!!!!" or personal insults to
someone.) I really can't see what you think as a poor judgement in
that? Maybe that isn't too important for causal reader but I really
can't see it hurting anyone. So be polite for stupid and annoying
person like me and enlighten me a bit, OK?

Mika
--
/-------------------------------------------------------------------------\
I Fantasy, Sci-fi, Computers, Marillion, Oldfield, Vangelis, Clannad, Irc  I

Team17

Post by Stefan Bobe » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>> All I have to base my opinions about you on are your
>> postings here, in which you haven't exactly come across as Mr.
>> Reasonable. Asking total strangers to 'Piss off hippy' isn't what I'd
>> call clever.
>Mika was being annoying and stupid, and is clearly a
>hippy, therefore "Piss off hippy" seems to me like an *entirely* reasonable
>response in the circumstances, going by the dictionary definition of
>"reasonable".

   Some dictionary you've got there, _Stuart_. You may want to get a
book on manners instead and read about what's acceptable social
behaviour.

Quote:>(Liking Marillion is an issue of personal taste. Advertising the fact in
>public is a poor judgement call, in more ways than one.)

  Well if someone really likes something why should he not be allowed
to show it? 'Poor judgement'? Don't know. If he likes it, why should
he not be allowed to display it? I prefer people with a 'bad'
(different from mine) opinion to people with no opinion at all.

  Or is your word or opinion always the absolute truth? You sure seem
like to think it is.

Quote:>> But I'm sure you agree, the truth can
>> rarely be found by listening to just one party of a conflict.
>Except this time, it can.

   Oh spare me.

Quote:>(And if you still can't be bothered looking for yourself, please refrain
>from casting aspertions on our accuracy.)

   I wouldn't have a clue because I wasn't there. I only fully believe
100% what I see with my own eyes, or what people I trust say happened.

Team17

Post by Kyze » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hurrah, for 'tis said that Stuart Campbell did write:
: >>>It didn't mention anything about
: > how customisable the game was (a feature to add your own levels was
: > something you all got very e*d about in GF2, and this one worked)
: > etc. etc.

: Looks like another one from your strange imagination, Andy. By "GF2" I'm
: presuming you mean Cannon Fodder 2, which *never* had, nor claimed to have,
: the ability to add or design your own levels. Perhaps you're confusing it

... with Gravity Force 2, which had a level editor written for it, and was
inarguably liked by everyone in the whole world. And it was like Worms without
the worms. A bit like Worms is Gravity Power without the spaceships. Or
something.

So Stuart never forgave Team17 them. And thus it was decided, that they shall
have public rants on a dead computer's newsgroup.

You spiteful, treacherous, lampooned buckets of someone else's piss, all of you!

--

My opinions are not those of Aberdeen University, and I do not speak for or
on behalf of AUCC.

--
Random sig of the day:
"Newspapers are plagued with anonymous messages, often written in multicoloured

Team17

Post by Markus Castre » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Stefan Boberg said about Re: Team17:

Quote:>Since I'm involved with Team 17, I have a clue about what's going on
>here as well, so when I see someone say something untrue about the
>company, its products, or just the game market in general, I respond.

Yeah right. And you only seem to be interested in replying to all 'negative'
posts.

--

* A12ooT/o4o/4o/14Mb/85oMb/6x^2xCD-R/14"MultiSync/Aura
* The Official Gloom Pages: www.xgw.fi/~slice/gloom/gloom.html

Team17

Post by Jonas Thorel » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>(Liking Marillion is an issue of personal taste. Advertising the fact in
>public is a poor judgement call, in more ways than one.)

Poor judgement call saying one like a specific band? You've got to be
kidding. If not, why is it a bad judgement call??

Way off topic here but since I like Marillion I had to post this.

/Jonas
---
Delusions are often functional.

Team17

Post by Razo » Sat, 05 Jul 1997 04:00:00

-> Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games

-> Subject: Re: Team17

-> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:05:35 GMT