Amiga and Laser Jet II

Post by Luke Breini » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 08:53:13

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my Amiga 3000 (WB 3.5) to work with my HP
Laser Jet II.  The printer works fine on my A1000 with WB 1.3, but as
soon as it's hooked up to the 3000, no dice.  It seems to work if I
just dump raw text to the port and use one of the printer's built-in
fonts, but if I try to use any type of soft font, or print graphics,
all I get is a page of squiggly lines.  I am using a longish (12 ft, I
think) printer cable, so I might try a shorter one if I can find one.
Also, the printer has a 1 meg ram upgrade installed (1.5 meg total),
could that be part of the problem?   I've tried both the original Laser
Jet and Laser Jet II print drivers that came with WB 3.5, but I have
the same results with both.

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Amiga and Laser Jet II

Post by Mike Leavit » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 12:09:12

Hello Luke Breinig

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm having trouble getting my Amiga 3000 (WB 3.5) to work with my HP
> Laser Jet II.  The printer works fine on my A1000 with WB 1.3, but as
> soon as it's hooked up to the 3000, no dice.  It seems to work if I
> just dump raw text to the port and use one of the printer's built-in
> fonts, but if I try to use any type of soft font, or print graphics,
> all I get is a page of squiggly lines.  I am using a longish (12 ft, I
> think) printer cable, so I might try a shorter one if I can find one.
> Also, the printer has a 1 meg ram upgrade installed (1.5 meg total),
> could that be part of the problem?   I've tried both the original Laser
> Jet and Laser Jet II print drivers that came with WB 3.5, but I have
> the same results with both.

The ones in BoingBag1 are broken.  Are you using them, or the original
ones off the CD?  If all else fails, get TurboPrint7.

--

1. HP LASER JET+ PRinter

Does anyone know how to increase the memory in an older HP Laser Jet+??
I talked to HP and they said the only thing available was to completely
replace the whole motherboard, at a cost that is practically the same as a new
printer.  I was hoping that there might be a "piggy-back" hack or something
like that.  Does anyone have any ideas??  Right now, the printer is at 512K
and I would like to add another MEG for 1.5 total, but if I could just get 1
MEG total, that would probably be sufficent.  Thanks for any ideas you may
have.

2. Sparc 4 SLOW?

3. HP Laser Jet

4. Retrieving a forgotten password

5. HP Laser Jet error 52????

6. Evolvable Equations

7. Where to Get HP Laser Jet 4 Drivers?

8. Cakewalk and HP Deskjet

9. Amigados/WB 1.3 & HP Laser Jet 5L Driver

10. !! INK-JET & BUBBLE-JET REFILL KITS !!