XXdecode and alt.bin.amig

Post by Josef Faulkn » Tue, 21 Jun 1994 12:18:00

Is there a program that en/decodes XX encoded binaries for the Amiga?

Also, how come there are never any programs in alt.binaries.amiga?  I know
there are some people out there who must have new programs to share with
those who cannot ftp :)
     __             ___        __
__  ////\  /\/\  /\/ _//\ __  ///|We all live in a yellow subroutine... |
\\\//// '\/    \/ / /\/ '\\\\/// |What part of NO didn't you understand?|

-=-
`->Josef Faulkner

XXdecode and alt.bin.amig

Post by Josef Faulkn » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 14:46:00

Is there a program that en/decodes XX encoded binaries for the Amiga?

Also, how come there are never any programs in alt.binaries.amiga?  I know
there are some people out there who must have new programs to share with
those who cannot ftp :)
     __             ___        __
__  ////\  /\/\  /\/ _//\ __  ///|We all live in a yellow subroutine... |
\\\//// '\/    \/ / /\/ '\\\\/// |What part of NO didn't you understand?|

-=-
`->Josef Faulkner

1. Proposal for a new magazine called "alt.computing.alt"

I am currently working with my company's publishing department to produce
a magazine called "alt.computing.alt" and I want to get your reaction to
the idea.

a.c.a will be a high-quality, glossy magazine with approx. 250 pages
covering the area of alternative computing.  That is to say... the
magazine caters to those with alternative platforms to MS Operating
systems.  The magazine will cover the following areas:  8-bit (Apple II,
Commodore 64/128 etc., 16-bit (Atari ST, early Mac etc.) , 32-bit (Amiga,
Later Atari, Mac II etc.) and high-end work stations like Sun Sparc/ SGI
etc.

OS' would include (but is not limited to): MacOS, AmigaOS, All Unix types,
OS/2, acorn, TOS and any OS alternative to MS type systems.

My team's goal is to make this magazine fuel another hardware war like we
enjoyed in the 80's.  (Remember when companies like Broderbund or Sierra
made 10 computer versions of every game?)  It might just give the
alternate platforms a chance.  A.c.a would serve as huge clearinghouse for
information and advertising on these niche markets.  It would help
legitimize them.

We'd also make certain there would be WWW support for late-breaking news,
etc.

So... what do you think?  Will it fly folks?  How much would you pay for a
quality mag of this type?  (UK, Deutsch, US, AUS, Canada currency)

Any suggestions or input would be most welcomed.

Thank you.

Inc.###
"Search your feelings... you know it to be true...Join me and we will rule
the universe together..." --Darth Vader

2. VC++,how to make this work -- donut examples from DX3

3. problem with ALT-N/ALT-M toggle

4. CIRRUS LOGIC DRIVERS

5. termlib posted to alt.sources, alt.sources.amiga

6. Jornada:Problems with dial-up to NT-srvr

7. NEED GVP Spectrum 28/24 graphics card drivers and bios .bin

8. Need newbie help

9. Help me to upgrade my dying A2000 before I bin it for good!

10. Bin Laden was created by the CIA

11. Mac Bin-Hex Decoder

12. A theory about src-bin group moderators

13. Where is comp.bin.amiga?