10-base T ethernet card

Post by John O. Stambaug » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

This board is not available yet, but said to be in $150 range and work
with all zorro slots. I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in
supporting such an item through ADF. ADF is:

                INTRODUCING THE AMIGA DEVELOPMENT FUND

           "Better to light a candle, than to curse the dark."

We would like to introduce you to a new non-profit organization named
the Amiga Development Fund (ADF for short)! The purpose of the ADF is
to support programmers of freeware and shareware as well as system
developers in their enhancement of the Amiga platform.

Traditionally, the Amiga community has been a closely knit group of
resourceful, self-supporting enthusiasts. The ADF will reflect this.
It's mission is to encourage and assist in coordinating software
porting/writing projects for which there is an evident need in order
to maintain the platform's functionality, as far as circumstances allow.

We are, therefore, asking  everyone involved with the Amiga in any way
to help us and participate in this effort to fill an obvious vacuum.

What we are providing is:

 - A mechanism for group discussion, design, implementation, endor*t
and publicity for New and Enhanced Amiga projects!

 - An attempt to reduce redundancy among software by providing a list of
existing projects for the Amiga.

 - A means to coordinate manpower and resources of the Amiga community
towards many compatible and realistic goals through the use of a purpose-
fully designed website.

How the ADF works is as follows:

After a project, big or small, is applied for to the ADF, the ADF will
sollicit the Amiga community for input on what project(s) should be
supported.

When a project has been accepted, and suffcient funds pledged, the
programmers may be financially funded for completion of their project as
freeware/shareware. This funding would then come, subscription-style,
-directly from the Amiga community to the programmer - no middlemen.

We feel certain that if really constructive and realistic projects are
put forward, the Amiga community at large will support them.

We would like to hear programmers/authors/developers' input.

Please reply to our website at
                http://www.veryComputer.com/:8001/paulken4/adf

Lantana, Florida USA

10-base T ethernet card

Post by Matthew Hunt » Sun, 08 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>This board is not available yet, but said to be in $150 range and work
>with all zorro slots. I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in
>supporting such an item through ADF. ADF is:

   WHAT board?  Your subject line says "10-base T ethernet card" --
these boards certainly exist.  If you are referring to a new board,
why fund it with the ADF when we already HAVE ethernet cards?

--

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~mhunter -- My Homepage
http://shadow.res.cmu.edu/WheelOfTime/ for the Wheel of Time FAQ

10-base T ethernet card

Post by John O. Stambaug » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> >This board is not available yet, but said to be in $150 range and work
> >with all zorro slots. I am looking to see if anyone would be interested in
> >supporting such an item through ADF. ADF is:

>    WHAT board?  Your subject line says "10-base T ethernet card" --
> these boards certainly exist.  If you are referring to a new board,
> why fund it with the ADF when we already HAVE ethernet cards?

> --

> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~mhunter -- My Homepage
> http://shadow.res.cmu.edu/WheelOfTime/ for the Wheel of Time FAQ

The purpose of the original post by me was to find out if anyone was
interested in supporting this project. As stated the price would be about
$150. From what I was told, this is half of the cost of existing cards.
Your choice for or against such a project will be noted.

Lantana, Florida USA

1. Request: (2) 10-Base-T Ethernet Cards

I need (2) 10-Base-T Ethernet Cards compatible with an Amiga 2000.  Also
interested in other Ethernet formats if available (10-Base-2
[Thinnet], 10-Base-5).  Please e-mail reply.

        -M. Solomon Ford
--
"It's so beautiful... I like your new haircuts, and that
 polyester look."

--- http://www.ganet.net/~sf0/

2. Export modified themes from FP2002 ?

3. WTB: 10-base-T Ethernet card

4. Openboot problem after a probe-scsi-all

5. WTB: 10 base T ethernet card

6. question`

7. Ethernet Cards Available (10-base-T)

8. brackets (size)

9. 10 base T ethernet for A1200 ??

10. 10 Base-T EtherNET for Amiga?

11. WTB (UK): Zorro II Network card (10 Base T)

12. WTD: 10-Base-T networking card for Amiga