Deuteros help required

Post by Herman Hilberi » Tue, 07 Jan 1992 20:02:27

Hi there to all Deuteros fans,

I'm looking for Deuteros hints, small ones, big ones, doesn't matter!
Please as detailed as possible!
For example:
- how to kick out the meths
- travelling to other solar systems, and what to do there.
- OR WHATEVER YOU DISCOVERED MORE

Deuteros help required

Post by Mark Walt » Sat, 11 Jan 1992 05:11:53

Hilberink) writes:

>Hi there to all Deuteros fans,

>I'm looking for Deuteros hints, small ones, big ones, doesn't matter!
>Please as detailed as possible!
>For example:
>- how to kick out the meths
>- travelling to other solar systems, and what to do there.
>- OR WHATEVER YOU DISCOVERED MORE

How do you ultimatly kill off the methinaes.  do kill all thier baes in the
solar systems and they just have these 'fleets' that wear down my defenses and
eventually kill me.    I even got to another starsystem once and there were
methanoids there too!

*                       >>>>>> Jake Speed >>>>>>                          *

Deuteros help required

Post by Paul Jam » Tue, 14 Jan 1992 19:03:12

Quote:>***************************************************************************
>*                       >>>>>> Jake Speed >>>>>>                          *

If you only research the drone and not the DFCC you can build a large
fleet before the methanoids attack in the solar system (eg 40000
drones). If you then proceed to wipe them out (easy), you can then
research HeD fuel, star class galleon chassis and star drone ( but not
drive) and then build up a fleet of these.

Any further help needed, email me, I've completed Deutros.
--
"What do you mean I can't kill a dragon single-handed?"

Deuteros help required

Post by Adrian Hu » Wed, 15 Jan 1992 20:18:07

>Hilberink) writes:

>>I'm looking for Deuteros hints, small ones, big ones, doesn't matter!
>>Please as detailed as possible!
>>For example:
>>- how to kick out the meths
>>- travelling to other solar systems, and what to do there.
>>- OR WHATEVER YOU DISCOVERED MORE

I did try, but it bounced.

Quote:>How do you ultimatly kill off the methinaes.  do kill all thier baes in the
>solar systems and they just have these 'fleets' that wear down my defenses and
>eventually kill me.    I even got to another starsystem once and there were
>methanoids there too!

Yes... you defeat the Methanoids in the Sun system, and Research says that
there may be a few scattered warships remaining.  A few scattered ones,
indeed!  :-)

Spoilers ahead.  You have been warned.

Make sure you have a good production line set up, so that you produce lots
of IOS drones.  Don't even think about attacking a Methanoid base unless
you have about 200 drones in reserve.  Only use Star Drones to attack the
first base in a new star system; then use the matter transmitter to send
a set of IOS components, including a DFCC and 200 drones, and set up an
IOS fleet there.  IOS drones are a lot cheaper than SCG drones.  You will
have to send the admiral to command them in an SCG though, because you can
not send teams through the matter transmitter.  Note what happens to the
admiral if he was in charge of the SCG, as opposed to being in a cryo pod.
Warlords are very good at commanding IOS fleets.

There are 8 other star systems, each one infested with Methanoids.  And
the Methanoid fleets are stronger in these systems than they were in the
Sun system.

 "Keyboard?  How quaint!" - M. Scott

Deuteros help required

Post by Ray Pfa » Wed, 15 Jan 1992 22:02:46

I've got a simple question in this game.  I've gotten to the point where
I need to build something on the moon.  I've researched the resource
frame and the asteriod mining attachment but both need materials that
I don't have on earth.  How do I go about getting silver, silica, and
(I think) platinum?

Deuteros help required

Post by Mark Walt » Thu, 16 Jan 1992 08:43:39

>I've got a simple question in this game.  I've gotten to the point where
>I need to build something on the moon.  I've researched the resource
>frame and the asteriod mining attachment but both need materials that
>I don't have on earth.  How do I go about getting silver, silica, and
>(I think) platinum?

This was a problem for me too, but you can scan the asteroids with the
hydrolic claw and if the asteroid wieghs less then 251tons then you can grab
it.  They have the elements you need.

*                       >>>>>> Jake Speed >>>>>>                          *

Deuteros help required

Post by Mark Walt » Thu, 16 Jan 1992 08:30:01

>>***************************************************************************
>>*                       >>>>>> Jake Speed >>>>>>                          *
>If you only research the drone and not the DFCC you can build a large
>fleet before the methanoids attack in the solar system (eg 40000
>drones). If you then proceed to wipe them out (easy), you can then
>research HeD fuel, star class galleon chassis and star drone ( but not
>drive) and then build up a fleet of these.

>Any further help needed, email me, I've completed Deutros.
>--
>"What do you mean I can't kill a dragon single-handed?"

It doesn't let me 'invent' the drone before they declare war on me!

*                       >>>>>> Jake Speed >>>>>>                          *

Deuteros help required

Post by Jeff Gr » Fri, 17 Jan 1992 19:16:11

Ok, this isn't a real plea for help, just a question for the Deuteros guru!

Oh, great guru, grant me the following knowledge!

Ok, the manual makes mention of the Prisoner Pod, the Predjudice Torpedo,
and HyperLight travel.  Currently I've been going all over the galaxy in
search of the unknown item sent by some unknown race of size and intent.
I've been kicking a*s with a sizable fleet (5000 Star Drones and 11000
IOS Drones) (No Typos!)  and have managed to retrieve 3 pieces from Sirius,
Cygni, and Proxima.  I'll be able to retrieve the rest, but will I get any
of the aforementioned items during or after the quest?  Another item of
ponderance is the FuzLaser.  I have the technology (and the Galleon chassis)
to fit something of this size, but how can I implement it?!?!  That would
be of great use against the Meths.  One last item before you become bored
with me, how can I advance my Admirals to Warlords?  I single-handedly took
the entire Cygni cluster with a single Galleon and my Admiral still did
not advance.  Ok, this is my last question (I fibbed), how can I stop my
Galleons from getting toasted if they try to return home or go to another
system?  They always blow up on reentry into the target system if it's
their second jump!  ARGH!  Thanks for your time, guru!!

 Bob:  "But you've never driven a big rig before."
 Doug: "It's a 10 speed.  That's a five speed times two.  Besides,
               this is a beer truck, eh?"

Deuteros help required

Post by A.M. Czaus » Mon, 20 Jan 1992 21:09:28

>>>***************************************************************************
>>>*                       >>>>>> Jake Speed >>>>>>                          *
>>If you only research the drone and not the DFCC you can build a large
>>fleet before the methanoids attack in the solar system (eg 40000
>>drones). If you then proceed to wipe them out (easy), you can then

>It doesn't let me 'invent' the drone before they declare war on me!

Too right!  I'm rapidly getting the impression there's some trick whereby
you can begin research on drones/defence *BEFORE* the meths declare war...
...but WHAT is it !?

I do recall trading with a Meth base on one occasion when instead of greeting
me with the routine trading waffle, the base trader confessed that they were
preparing for war and that I "was being deceived" -- he then mentioned something
about a "laser" weapon (or somesuch) which we could take away to research --
but before I had time to even think about this my trading IOS was destroyed!
I have not been able to replicate this episode in any game since.

N.B. 40000 drones being made before the first attack seems patently impossible.

can anyone help ?

Andre Czausov

______________________________//      i'm only* on to watch u go down/
2bELSE02b>?__________________//                  ...my love..."          --U2

1. Deuteros Help

Hi,

Wondered if anyone in here had any hints/tips for this excellent game,
or even a walkthrough ?

I spent ages building up reserves of minerals to take on the
Methanoids but I forgot to get the mysterious object orbiting earth at
the start of the game. When I went back to look it wasn't there
anymore so I had to start again ... ARGH !

So ... any hints/tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian.

2. site boundaries problem

3. DEUTEROS - Need help!

4. Sounds

5. Deuteros - help needed...

6. Installing shareware fonts on Windows

7. Deuteros help needed

8. Browsing to a WWW link using IE4

9. Help with Deuteros.....

10. NEED help on Deuteros