Graphics card

Post by sdjame » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all
What graphics card can anyone recommend for me , I have a 040/166 ppc , but
as you may know from a previous posting I`ve been offered an 060 Blizzard in
exchange.
Now I can`t seem to come across a Bvision , as soon a I reply to an ad it`s
gone .
So as I`ve got a Zorro 2 daughterboard in my 1200 (tower) what graphics card
can you guys recommend .
I`d like as little pain with the thing as possible , installation etc .
Also I have a 1438s monitor , so if possible I`d like to be able to display
aga modes as well

Graphics card

Post by Mike Leavit » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello sdjames

Quote:> Hi all
> What graphics card can anyone recommend for me , I have a 040/166 ppc , but
> as you may know from a previous posting I`ve been offered an 060 Blizzard in
> exchange.
> Now I can`t seem to come across a Bvision , as soon a I reply to an ad it`s
> gone .
> So as I`ve got a Zorro 2 daughterboard in my 1200 (tower) what graphics card
> can you guys recommend .
> I`d like as little pain with the thing as possible , installation etc .
> Also I have a 1438s monitor , so if possible I`d like to be able to display
> aga modes as well

A PicassoII or II+ would be fine.  They are ZII cards, and with a
multisync monitor will passthrough to your native modes with a 15 to
23 pin adaptor.  I have a new EGS Spectrum too, and it is nice, and
will also passthrough.  It's in an A3000 and is ZII/ZIII autosensing,
so I don't know how good it is with ZII.  You will like it, if it is
anywhere near as good in ZII as it is in ZIII though.
--

Graphics card

Post by sdjame » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hello sdjames
> > Hi all
> > What graphics card can anyone recommend for me , I have a 040/166 ppc ,
but
> > as you may know from a previous posting I`ve been offered an 060
Blizzard in
> > exchange.
> > Now I can`t seem to come across a Bvision , as soon a I reply to an ad
it`s
> > gone .
> > So as I`ve got a Zorro 2 daughterboard in my 1200 (tower) what graphics
card
> > can you guys recommend .
> > I`d like as little pain with the thing as possible , installation etc .
> > Also I have a 1438s monitor , so if possible I`d like to be able to
display
> > aga modes as well

> A PicassoII or II+ would be fine.  They are ZII cards, and with a
> multisync monitor will passthrough to your native modes with a 15 to
> 23 pin adaptor.  I have a new EGS Spectrum too, and it is nice, and
> will also passthrough.  It's in an A3000 and is ZII/ZIII autosensing,
> so I don't know how good it is with ZII.  You will like it, if it is
> anywhere near as good in ZII as it is in ZIII though.
> --

Hello again
Could anyone tell me the going rate for one of the above cards ?
and doe`s anyone have one for sale ?
Cheers
Steve

Graphics card

Post by Mike Leavit » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello sdjames

> > A PicassoII or II+ would be fine.  They are ZII cards, and with a
> > multisync monitor will passthrough to your native modes with a 15 to
> > 23 pin adaptor.  I have a new EGS Spectrum too, and it is nice, and
> > will also passthrough.  It's in an A3000 and is ZII/ZIII autosensing,
> > so I don't know how good it is with ZII.  You will like it, if it is
> > anywhere near as good in ZII as it is in ZIII though.
> > --

> Hello again
> Could anyone tell me the going rate for one of the above cards ?
> and doe`s anyone have one for sale ?
> Cheers
> Steve

I bought an EGS Spectrum at Anti-Gravity in Santa Monica new for
$175.00, but it was the last in stock.  They have more on order.  The
PicassoII could range from $100 to $150 used.  It is no longer made.

http://www.antigravity.com is their URL.
--

Graphics card

Post by Caspe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:"s" == "sdjames" writes:

s> > A PicassoII or II+ would be fine.  They are ZII cards, and with a
s> > multisync monitor will passthrough to your native modes with a 15 to
s> > 23 pin adaptor.  I have a new EGS Spectrum too, and it is nice, and
s> > will also passthrough.  It's in an A3000 and is ZII/ZIII autosensing,
s> > so I don't know how good it is with ZII.  You will like it, if it is
s> > anywhere near as good in ZII as it is in ZIII though.
s> > --

s> Hello again
s> Could anyone tell me the going rate for one of the above cards ?
s> and doe`s anyone have one for sale ?
s> Cheers
s> Steve

The PicassoII and II+ are no longer made, however the Spectrum is
being made again. I think the Spectrum new is around $175.00. I have
both a PicassoII which is ZII only, and a Spectrum which is ZII/ZIII.
They are probably about equal in speed on ZII, however on ZIII the
Spectrum is much, much faster. The PicassoII+ is also ZII/ZIII and
again is probably equal to the Spectrum on ZIII.

regards,

Posted with Amiga NewsRog

1. FA: A3000, A3000-T, 040 and 060 cards, ethernet cards, graphics cards 2 DAYS LEFT!

Two days left on these choice items:

I've posted eleven (11) eBay auctions for Amiga hardware items.

The items are:

Amiga 3000 Desktop REV 9.03, super clean, no problem machine
Amiga 3000 Tower - "The King"
Commodore 2065 Ethernet Card for ZorroII
Amiga AriadneII Ethernet Card (hard to find)
Amiga CyberVision 64 Graphics Card
Amiga GVP Spectrum Graphics Card
Amiga External 3.5" Disk Drive 880k (no bids yet!)
Amiga CyberStorm MkII-060 Accelerator Card
Amiga WarpEngine 3040 Accelerator Card
Amiga Melody 16-bit Sound Card ZorroII
Epyx 500XJ 2-button Joystick w/Autofire (rare - no bids yet!).

Each is a separate auction.  All close on May 16, 2000.

To view them, you can just go here:

They are all located in eBay's Computers:Hardware:Amiga category.

Note: I am selling these items for a Canadian friend. All items are located
in Ontario, Canada, and will be shipped from there.  Bids are welcome from
Canadians and USA residents only. Items will be shipped ONLY to USA or
Canadian addresses.  The only acceptable form of payment is Postal Money
Order.

The friend for whom I am selling these items is a former Amiga retailer - he
knows Amigas inside and out - all of this hardware has been tested and in
working condition.

Happy Bidding! :)

Harv
--
Founder of AmigaZone. Supporting Amiga owners since 1985!
Go here for info or to join: http://www.amigazone.com

2. VPN Reference Materials

3. FA: A3000, A3000-T, 040 card, 060 card, graphics cards, etc. on eBay..

4. QUADRA 800

5. Opal Vision Graphics 24bit Graphics Card

6. Site Systems

7. FA: A3000, A3000T, 040 and 060 cards, Graphics cards, etc. on eBay!

8. Interpreted language: Choosing intermediate code

9. PPC Card and graphics card wanted

10. Wanted - Graphics card and SCSI card for A4000

11. network cards/graphics cards

12. FS: 2000,ethernet card, graphic card, I/O extender, ect

13. amiga blizzard ppc card and bvison graphics card