GVPscsiCtrl

Post by Dominique STRI » Fri, 02 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Could somebody ask me what are the differents option available on this programme ?

In the documentation I have, there are :
GVPScsiCtrl <unit number> DCOFF : Deconnect/Connect OFF : That's ok
GVPScsiCtrl -r : ???
GVPScsiCtrl -s : ???

Thanks for any reply.

GVPscsiCtrl

Post by John Helliwe » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,
> Could somebody ask me what are the differents option available on this
> programme ?
> In the documentation I have, there are :
> GVPScsiCtrl <unit number> DCOFF : Deconnect/Connect OFF : That's ok
> GVPScsiCtrl -r : ???
> GVPScsiCtrl -s : ???
> Thanks for any reply.

         TEMPLATE:  GvpScsiCtrl (option)

 where option is one of the following:

 -m       This option will force gvpscsi.device to
          re-examine the SCSI bus and mount any cartridges
          inserted into removable media drives that were
          recognized when the system was booted.

 -r       This option will force gvpscsi.device to
          re-examine the SCSI bus for drives (of any type)
          that it did not recognize when the system booted
          (i.e. a drive that is slow to spin-up from a
          cold start).

 -s       This option is similar to the one above, except
          that if it locates a removable media device
          without a cartridge inserted, it will not return
          control back to the parent CLI until a cartridge
          is mounted and spun-up.  (This can be RUN >NIL:
          in the startup-sequence, and then whenever a
          cartridge is first inserted into the drive, it
          will immediately be recognized).

 <UnitID> (DCOFF|DCON)   This option forces gvpscsi.device
          to recognize Disconnect/ReConnect requests from
          a device or tells it to ignore those requests,
          regardless of what the information in a Rigid
          Disk Block indicates.  This is useful for drives
          that do not support the Disconnect/ReConnect
          functions, but do not have a Rigid Disk Block
          either (i.e. a streaming tape drive).

--
_-~\   The sky was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
\   \  'We are down, repeat Omaha Thunder is down, we . . .'

GVPscsiCtrl

Post by David Oak » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,

: Could somebody ask me what are the differents option available on this programme ?

: In the documentation I have, there are :
: GVPScsiCtrl <unit number> DCOFF : Deconnect/Connect OFF : That's ok
: GVPScsiCtrl -r : ???
: GVPScsiCtrl -s : ???

From the Combo-030 manual:

-r : used with SCSI autoboot algorithm to rescan the SCSI bus for target
devices that did not respond fast enough or that have not been connected
(or powered on) at autoboot time.  Since the GVP SCSI driver does not
wait for slow devices to get ready if it has already recognized a
bootable partition, this command should be inserted somewhere into your
S:Startup-Sequence, so slow SCSI targets get a few more seconds to "wake
up".  This command can be issued at any time, it will also mount all
partitions.  Remember that having SCSI targets that are not currently
powered-on connected to the SCSI might adversely affect the reliability
of other SCSI devices connected!

-m : without any options will scan all drives that are currently
recognized by the SCSI driver and will try to mount all of the partitions
(if this has not yet been done).  It will return control to the CLI after
it has finished this attempt, no matter if it has been successful or
not.  This is useful if you have booted a system with an empty
removable-meium device and want to insert the cartridge later.

-s : will do the same as above, but if it does not succeed in mounting a
particular unit (e.g. because there is no cartridge inserted), it will
wait until the user actually inserts a cartridge (this is also the
default behaviour when GvpScsiCtrl is started from Workbench).  This
option is usually used by Workbench users in their S:Startup-Sequence to
make the removeable-medium icon show up automatically the first time they
insert a cartridge.  The program will terminate as soon as all units have
been mounted successfully.

If GvpScsiCtrl has been started from the CLI and is currently waiting for
a particular unit to become ready, it can be aborted by typing CTRL-C or
-- if it has been Run in the background -- with the CLI command "Break".
Use status to find out the process-ID of GvpScsiCtrl and then issue a
Break command with this particular ID to terminate the execution.

       |                         |                            |
       |                   ///   |     Replies to:            |

       |                \XX/     |  or: FIDONET: 1:251/18.1   |
       | Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, |     Member: Team Amiga     |
       |        Canada           |                            |
       |_________________________|____________________________|

1. GVPSCSICTRL needed for SupraTurbo28 installation.

I'm installing SupraTurbo28 on a couple of Amigas with GVP DH/RAM
controllers. One is a 4008, another is a 500HD+.

Both SupraTurbo28 manual and GVPs tech support automated line say
the SupraTurbo28 must be started unturbo'd and GVPSCSICtrl 68KCACHE
run before activating turbo mode.

GVPSCSICtrl 1993 or later is required to do this. The version that
came with the 4008 is dated 12-Jun-1991. Sucks Huh?

Can someone please send me the latest GVPSCSICtrl? Thanks in advance.

-May the coyote wail slightly off key

2. N or N+1 threads ?

3. Commands for gvpscsictrl?

4. Daisy chain for RD disks on a microVAX

5. GVPSCSIctrl switches

6. REDT fullscreen text editor version 2.2.2 now available

7. GVPScsiCtrl program WANTED!

8. NEED HELP: GVPScsiCtrl

9. How is gvpscsictrl used?

10. GVPSCSIctrl switches