Looking for a New Shell, inviting suggestions

Looking for a New Shell, inviting suggestions

Post by Mike (My Watch Has Windo » Wed, 25 Dec 1991 02:32:40

   Go get WShell 2.0, from Wishful Thinking Software (Bill Hawes), available at
   a dealer near you.  Has a fantastic filename completion utility, that you
   can bind to any key, and in fact have different sorts of completion attached
   to different keys.  It can actually do far more than this... just go take a
   look.

There should be a review of WShell 2.0 in c.s.a.reviews soon.

        <mike
--
Oh boys, can't you code it,                     Mike Meyer

Nothin' ever happens in this life of mine       decwrl!mwm
I'm haulin' up the data on the Xerox line.

Post by Kenneth Yarna » Sun, 22 Dec 1991 08:42:17

>Merry Christmas everyone,

>I've been using tcsh here on the Apollo, and have grown
>used to having keyword and filename completions at the
>press of a tab key. Are there any shells around for the
>Amiga which have this option? (I worry that this might
>be too slow :(

Go get WShell 2.0, from Wishful Thinking Software (Bill Hawes), available at
a dealer near you.  Has a fantastic filename completion utility, that you
can bind to any key, and in fact have different sorts of completion attached
to different keys.  It can actually do far more than this... just go take a
look.

Quote:>                    Brendan

     |   Columbia, S.C. 29208            (803)771-6349, (803)777-5218   |
     |     "You are right, Captain -- I do tend to babble." -- Data     |

Post by Jean-Michel Forge » Fri, 20 Dec 1991 20:44:41

> [...]used to having keyword and filename completions at the
> press of a tab key. Are there any shells around for the
> Amiga which have this option?

Yes they are, but you don't need a new shell for only the file
completion, a new console handler does the job. Under 1.3 you
can try GMC (Fish disk #???), unfortunately the version for 2.0
does 80000003 gurus with IDCMPs (under 37.175 OS). But perhaps
the author has fixed it?
GMC is very good under 1.3, and has many useful features. I
encourage you to read the doc.
--
Jean-Michel Forgeas
cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmfra!swinjm!forgeas