A Running Amiga Universe (was: Re: OSX:

Post by Eldor Luedtke J » Fri, 03 May 2002 06:58:32

s> > >>>I've never seen an OS3.5+ Amiga app crash that required an
s> > >>>immediate reboot.
s> > >>>
s> > >>I have.
s> > >>
s> > >
s> > > Name it.
s> >
s> >
s> > Voyager 3.x.  Locks up my A4K/OS3.9 system hard every time - no
s> > keyboard, no mouse.

s> Silly, it works perfectly fine everywhere else, including here.

s> V3 betas can be crashy if set up incorrectly (there are so many
s> versions of all the modules floating around), but even those
s> crashes from mixing up bits and peices of betas are trapped by
s> the OS.

  I know this is an old post, but just noticed how odd NO APP changed to not
setup properly, ether an appp can or can NOT crash the OS, what IS it Steve?

s> --

s> -Steve(136)

A Running Amiga Universe (was: Re: OSX:

Post by SG » Fri, 03 May 2002 13:33:02

Quote:> s> Silly, it works perfectly fine everywhere else, including here.

> s> V3 betas can be crashy if set up incorrectly (there are so many
> s> versions of all the modules floating around), but even those
> s> crashes from mixing up bits and peices of betas are trapped by
> s> the OS.

>   I know this is an old post, but just noticed how odd NO APP changed to not
> setup properly, ether an appp can or can NOT crash the OS, what IS it Steve?

Read what you quoted, I specifically lead you by the nose, and
pointed out that does not crash the OS.  I can't believe you
*still* seem to believe that an Amiga app crashe = an AOS
crashe.  That is almost never the case.

Have you ever seen an Amiga?
--

-Steve

A Running Amiga Universe (was: Re: OSX:

Post by Eldor Luedtke J » Fri, 03 May 2002 11:30:07

s> > s> Silly, it works perfectly fine everywhere else, including here.
s> >
s> > s> V3 betas can be crashy if set up incorrectly (there are so many
s> > s> versions of all the modules floating around), but even those
s> > s> crashes from mixing up bits and peices of betas are trapped by
s> > s> the OS.
s> >
s> >   I know this is an old post, but just noticed how odd NO APP changed to
s> not
s> > setup properly, ether an appp can or can NOT crash the OS, what IS it
s> Steve?

s> Read what you quoted, I specifically lead you by the nose, and
s> pointed out that does not crash the OS.  I can't believe you
s> *still* seem to believe that an Amiga app crashe = an AOS
s> crashe.  That is almost never the case.

s> Have you ever seen an Amiga?

Uhhh, gee Steve, whut do YOU think, you stopped looking at what software
people post with?  I ran a CNet Amiga BBS starting with ver 2.43-5, shut down
dec 1999 as part of a deal with my Wife to get my Cable modem.

You MIGHT notice a post of mine repeated a few times, well, I hate to tell
you, but, I fuxord some files by mistake and news-task was taking this thing
down like a ton of bricks, had to start with no startup-sequence and delete
the files to get it running again (it would load up, news-task would launch,
post the message and crash before the temp file was deleted, to, over and over
ect.  ACS has frozen my 3000, can't move the mouse pointer, can't change
screens, can't do anything, sounds like the OS is sorta out to lunch to me.

Overall, forgetting features, what Amiga OS has I like better than any other
OS out there, it is clean and fast to respond to user input, that is SO nice,
having an OS that thinks what I am doing with the mouse or keyboard is about
the most important thing going on.  As bad as Windows is (and it is better,
could be a lot better),  the raw brute speed wins, the HUGE library of
available apps wins, as bad as it is, even Win98 is a better choice for an
only computer than an Amiga of any kind right now, since I have a FEW
computers, I have one and realy like it, imperfections and all, it just FUN to
use.  Just don't try to tell ME it can't crash

Oh Steve, why not drop in to irc.reefer.org #offourmeds so I can kick your ass
out and ban you! :P

s> --

s> -Steve