SAS/DICE/GCC Object/Link Library Conversions

Post by Doug Walk » Tue, 31 Jan 1995 22:04:19

|> Can anyone point me to any library/object file conversion programs.
|>
|> Does anyone know a way of converting SASC libraries into the standard Amiga
|> format (Dice uses this).

SAS/C libraries and object files are in the standard Amiga format, as defined
by Commodore.  You can find documentation for it in Ralph Babels "Amiga Guru
Book" or in the Bantam Books AmigaDOS manual.

--

 *|_o_o|\\     Doug Walker<  BIX, Portal: djwalker
 *|. o.| ||                \ CompuServe: 71165,2274
  | o  |//
  ======
Any opinions expressed are mine, not those of SAS Institute, Inc.

SAS/DICE/GCC Object/Link Library Conversions

Post by Arno Eigenwill » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 08:26:16

Hi!

> SAS/C libraries and object files are in the standard Amiga format, as defined
> by Commodore.

What about those index blocks? I assume SAS/C uses them as it always
did starting with V4.0. How "standard" are they? I guess good ol'
BLink from 15 Oct 86 does not grok them. What about other object file
parsers (specifically those in DLink, hunk2gcc, PhxLnk).

Lit.ref.: Guru Book 22.4

-- __

\XX/  V+49-2225-5870 // any PGP 2.x supported

97.64 percent of all statistics are made up.

SAS/DICE/GCC Object/Link Library Conversions

Post by Christer Gessl » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 20:42:34

Quote:> SAS/C libraries and object files are in the standard Amiga format, as defined
> by Commodore.  You can find documentation for it in Ralph Babels "Amiga Guru
> Book" or in the Bantam Books AmigaDOS manual.

Is there a conversion program for the object file formats?
--

<  A perfectionist would call a cynic a realist.                >

<  Stockholm, Sweden   www:   http://www.nada.kth.se/~d94-cge/  >

Post by James Coop » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 00:32:24

>> SAS/C libraries and object files are in the standard Amiga format, as defined
>> by Commodore.

>What about those index blocks? I assume SAS/C uses them as it always
>did starting with V4.0. How "standard" are they? I guess good ol'
>BLink from 15 Oct 86 does not grok them. What about other object file
>parsers (specifically those in DLink, hunk2gcc, PhxLnk).

>Lit.ref.: Guru Book 22.4

Those index blocks are documented in several places (The AmigaDOS Manual
from Bantam Books, Ralph Babel's "Amiga Guru Book", etc.), and were
accepted by Commodore as standard HUNK types.

Right now there are *3* linkers that understand them, but that's simply
because no one else has bothered to implement support for them...  the 3
that grok them are

        Blink   -       Not the old FD version, but the version that
                        came with Lattice C as of V5 (maybe older, I
                        don't remember...).

        Slink   -       Of course!  :-)

        PhxLnk  -       As of V3.00, according to the PhxLnk.guide file
                        that's in 'dev/asm/PhxLnk_400.lha' on AmiNET.

The documentation on the index HUNKs of HUNK_LIB and HUNK_INDEX has been
publically available *at least* since the 3rd Edition of The AmigaDOS
Manual, which means everyone has had minimum *3 years* to implement
support for them... if they didn't, its their own choice!  They are,
indeed (by definition!), standard Amiga HUNKs, since Commodore
documented them along with all the others.

--
---------------
Jim Cooper

Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
and not necessarily those of my employer.

Remember, "Euphemisms are for the differently brained."

1. SAS/C object file to be linked with DICE/dlink

Hi there!

Is anyone able and willing to answer me the following question, please?

What has to be done to be able to link an object file created with SAS/C
with DICE objects using DICE for creation of a residentable executable
(e.g. "dcc dice.o sas.o -r -ms")?

Currently I always get error msgs about 32 bit relocations in sas.o which
were not allowed with the "-r" option...

What are the options the author of sas.c has to use for compiling his module
in this case?

I hope I was able to describe my problem clearly enough...?

Thank you for reading

   Thomas

2. Wanted: Sun 3/60s

3. DICE - Link library headache

4. Color resources

5. Size limits on SAS/C object libraries...

6. Does anyone know...

7. GCC vs DICE vs SAS C

8. JavaScript 'onmouseover' help, please

9. DICE, GCC, or SAS/C ??

10. GCC 2.3.3 link libraries are hosed?

11. GamesMasterSystem library, Dice and SAS/C

12. SAS/C library linking problem

13. SAS/C 6.50: link library troubles