Syquest Sucks

Post by ZZyz » Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I bought a Syquest External drive in July with the enticement that
Syquest would send me a free 200 meg cart. I registured as required
and sent in a check for $5.00 which they cashed on July 26, 1996. I
have received nothing despite numerous Email and telephone calls. I
quit calling them after running up a $40 phone bill to them.

So IF YOU WANT TO GET SCREWED, GET SYQUEST!

To complete the spam, here is the record of the email:

Subject: SyQuest Promotion

Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 12:03:24 -0400

Harry;

I understand your fustration.

I am in charge of the fulfillment division of SyQuest located 20 miles
from
the Corporate HQ's.

I don't have any say or contacts in Tech Support.

If email is addressed directly to my address, I do respond within 24
hours.

I will, however forward your email to my contact in Marketing for
assistance.

Best Regards,

Don Tanner

Its been another week and I have received no reply from them. This
really stinks. I bought one drive and after a week of tech support and
a $35 phone bill I had to send it back. Then I got one that worked,
but had a broken plastic piece on the front. I could have sent the
whole unit back again but it seemed better for both of us to let them
ship me a replacement for the broken piece of plastic. They agreed but
didn't come through. So I paid top dollar for a second rate broken
drive. ($450). Now its to late to return the drive where I bought it.

One more week and I start flaming Syquest in all the appropriate
newsgroups on the net. This works well, especially since your
potential market is very computer literate.

Or do you have a market? I predict after seeing your quality control
in action, as well as your laughable tech support, and the drop in
your sales, plus the popularity of Iomega, that you will all be
looking for jobs within a year.

Harry Brown

Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:44:50 -0400

We do have your order.

We are currently backordered on the cartridges, and have started to
fill the
existing orders.

I anticipate your order will be shipped towards the end of September.

Best Regards,

Don Tanner
Director of Fulfillment

Fulfillment
Hi again,

It's October 16 and I still don't have my cartridge.

Subject: Re: SyQuest Promotion

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 12:32:38 -0500

Harry;

I no longer work for the SyQuest Fulfillment group, however, I will
forward
your email to the appropriate person.

Thanks!

Don Tanner

Still waiting for the 200 meg cart you owe me. Any explaination?

Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 13:49:53 -0500

Harry;

I'll email it to the person in charge of Marketing within the company.

She's pretty efficient and should make something happen.  As an aside
you can
call the Call Center direct at 1-800-242-3374 and check the status of
your
order.

Thanks,

Don Tanner

I still haven't heard from them. They enticed me to buy the drive with
the offer of a free 200 meg cart. and even cashed my check for $5.00
(shipping and handling) bak in July.

What would you do if you were me? Do you have some email addresses of
higher-up in the company that I can converse with?

thanks,

Harry Brown