Eagle A4001T Tower Case System for Desktop A4000

Eagle A4001T Tower Case System for Desktop A4000

Post by Joe Rothma » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Attention Desktop Amiga 4000 Owners!

You can easily turn your A4000 desktop computer into
The Most Full Featured Amiga Tower System Available!

Announcing a Special Price on the Eagle A4001T Tower Case conversion kit.

A4001T Tower Case Conversion Kit - $750.00 US plus shipping and handling.

The kit consists of a sleek and beautiful full sized tower case and
replacement daughter card with the following features.

7 - Zorro Expansion Slots  - Automatic Zorro 2, Zorro 3, Detection
2 - Switchable Video Slots - Both Active at Once for Toaster/Opalvision
1 - Power Only Zorro Slot  - Convertible to Full Zorro Slot
5 - PC-AT Expansion Slots  - In line with Zorro Slots
6 - 5.25" Drive Bays       - 5 Exposed Behind Plastic Door, 1 Hidden
4 - 3.25" Drive Bays       - 1 or 2 Used For Your Floppy Drives
1 - 300 Watt Power Supply  - Standard UL Approved PC Power Supply
1 - Giant High Speed Fan   - 5" Fan Ensures Proper Cooling

Actually, all you really need to use this kit is an A4000 motherboard and
an A4000 processor card. Installation is easy, free for local customers.

If you use the Amiga 4000 for the Video Toaster or Flyer, this board is an
absolute must. The A4001T completely overcomes all space, cooling, and
slot related issues you may have encountered.

If your A4000 developes a power supply problem, you might want to consider
the Eagle A4001T Case instead of just replacing the power supply. For a
little extra money you can have a "New" computer, not just a working one.

Commodore is Dead,
Long Live the Amiga.                                         Joe Rothman

       __ Mr. Hardware Computers - 516-234-8110 - 100% Amiga Since 1985

 __  /// Developers of Video Escort, * Escort, and Retail Escort
 \\\/// A.M.U.G. BBS 516-234-6046 Continuous Service Since March 10th 1986
  \XX/ I Think Therefore I Choose Amiga! - The Computer That Would Not Die!

Eagle A4001T Tower Case System for Desktop A4000

Post by Joe Rothma » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Joe-

> Is the new daughterboard available separately? I have my own
> high-capacity, analog-regulated, lead-acid backed up power
> system and more horizontal space than vertical space.

Sorry, complete systems only.

Quote:> the other thing is that Dave H. himself has stated that the
> Buster on the A4000 only supports 5 full ZIII slots. Have
> you actually seen 7 Zorro cards plugged in and working in
> this thing?

I have not personally seen more than 5 boards installed in the Eagle
A4001T daughter card. I will quote what it says in the manual.

Zorro Cards: According to Commodore's specification the Buster chip has
been designed to handle 5 Zorro cards. We _DO_NOT_recommend_ that you
install more than the 5 Zorro cards that Commodore has designed the
Buster chip to handle. However, we have simultaneously run 7 mixed Zorro
II/III and they all worked with no problems. Running more than 5 Zorro
cards could cause damage to the Buster chip and or the computer. (The
consequences are unknown?) (NOTE: a rev. 11 Buster chip is required for
Zorro III compatibility.)

Now I'll explain why 5, or 7, it really doesn't matter that much,
the box is still worth every penny.

The positioning of the slots makes 5 fully Buster compliant slots
available even if you have a Video Toaster, an OpalVision, and a Personal
Componant Adapter.

and

Since the PC slots are in-line with the Zorro slots, A4000 systems lose
a Zorro slot for every PC card installed. Having 7 Zorro slots and only
being able to use 5 of them is like getting 2 Zorro slots back. In other
words having 7 Zorro slots instead of 5 Zorro slots makes it a lot more
likely that you'll be able to use 5 of them.

Commodore is Dead,
Long Live the Amiga.                                         Joe Rothman

       __ Mr. Hardware Computers - 516-234-8110 - 100% Amiga Since 1985

 __  /// Developers of Video Escort, * Escort, and Retail Escort
 \\\/// A.M.U.G. BBS 516-234-6046 Continuous Service Since March 10th 1986
  \XX/ I Think Therefore I Choose Amiga! - The Computer That Would Not Die!

Eagle A4001T Tower Case System for Desktop A4000

Post by Sir_ » Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Attention Desktop Amiga 4000 Owners!
>You can easily turn your A4000 desktop computer into
>The Most Full Featured Amiga Tower System Available!
>Announcing a Special Price on the Eagle A4001T Tower Case conversion kit.
>A4001T Tower Case Conversion Kit - $750.00 US plus shipping and handling.
>The kit consists of a sleek and beautiful full sized tower case and
>replacement daughter card with the following features.
>7 - Zorro Expansion Slots  - Automatic Zorro 2, Zorro 3, Detection
>2 - Switchable Video Slots - Both Active at Once for Toaster/Opalvision
>1 - Power Only Zorro Slot  - Convertible to Full Zorro Slot
>5 - PC-AT Expansion Slots  - In line with Zorro Slots
>6 - 5.25" Drive Bays       - 5 Exposed Behind Plastic Door, 1 Hidden
>4 - 3.25" Drive Bays       - 1 or 2 Used For Your Floppy Drives
>1 - 300 Watt Power Supply  - Standard UL Approved PC Power Supply
>1 - Giant High Speed Fan   - 5" Fan Ensures Proper Cooling

WIll you guys be selling the daughter card seperat as I have already
put my Amiga in PC tower case over 2 years ago.  What city are you
guys located in?

1. WTB: A4000 Eagle Tower Case

I've been meaning to get one of those Eagle tower cases for my Amiga 4000
for quite some time now, but I can't find ANY companies in the U.S. who
sell them.  Can anyone help me out?  I want the tower case and the 4000
PCI Shuttle board as well.

Anyone?

Zack

2. Cable Modem in Cincy??

3. A4000 Desktop to Tower case?

4. access97 report hplj8000n problem

5. A4000/040 Desktop -> Tower Case Advice Needed

6. GFtoDVI problem

7. I converted my A4000 desktop into a PC tower case

8. Color Classic 10/80, $350 OBO

9. WANTED: Eagle TOWER CASE for Amiga 4000

10. A4000 Desktop to A4000 Tower

11. A4000 Tower eagle

12. re Eagle A4000 Tower

13. A4000 68060 TOWER system, A3000-Tower, Video Toaster, PAR, AD516