Future Amigas? Future OS? Is there such a thing?

Future Amigas? Future OS? Is there such a thing?

Post by Dennis Gorr » Fri, 09 Dec 1994 08:03:41

If I had to choose someone to write a new OS for a new Amiga, it would be
the original team that came up with ARP 1.3 (AmigaDOS Replacement
Project).  That package was cool, and paved the way for many requestor
and dos function libraries that are in use in many Amiga apps today.

Three cheers for ARP!

Post by Terry Palfr » Sat, 10 Dec 1994 17:49:52

writes:

> Org.  : Calgary UNIX User's Group

> If I had to choose someone to write a new OS for a new Amiga, it would be
> the original team that came up with ARP 1.3 (AmigaDOS Replacement
> Project).  That package was cool, and paved the way for many requestor
> and dos function libraries that are in use in many Amiga apps today.

> Three cheers for ARP!

ARP was magnificent as is attested to by the fact that the
library is still installed ny anyone who knows anything.

Not only that but in a floppy based system commands that
had more functionality at half to 1/3 the size they made
a tremendous difference in what you could do with it....

Terry

Post by Jo » Mon, 12 Dec 1994 04:54:55

: If I had to choose someone to write a new OS for a new Amiga, it would be
: the original team that came up with ARP 1.3 (AmigaDOS Replacement
: Project).  That package was cool, and paved the way for many requestor
: and dos function libraries that are in use in many Amiga apps today.

   Yet another of the things I'll never be able to forgive CBM for doing
was ignoring ARP!

   (Then again they should have stayed with CAOS in the first place -
instead of ripping out all the resource tracking!  And then wondering
years later how to put it back in!)

1. The Future is Bright, The future's AMIGA

Hi everyone!

I have just read the CUCUG Amiga News page posting of
the 3rd of May, with regards to the IRC chat featuring Joe Torre,
Derreck Lisle & others.
 (thank you  Par Johnsonn for the original transcript)

I must say that I'm now much more positive that there will be an
announcement at WoA '98. Not only that but by the looks of it,
it promises to be a breath taking announcement.

Let's hope so, perhaps now  Amiga users can finally dare to hope
that all our years in the wilderness as the "forgotten fanatics" is
coming to an end.

AND if by any small miracle, Gateway and AI/inc do pull it off
then and only then, will we finally know...
(please excuse my paraphrasing of an english football/soocer song)

"8 years of hurt never stopped us dreaming,
It's coming home, it's coming home,
the Amiga is coming home"

But please make up your own minds, have a look at the Amiga Web
directory and judge for yourselves.

As for me I either have to go and see a shrink about my excitement,
over a computer  or I carry on as a very SAD person  ;-)

Only 13 days and 55 minutes to go until WOA'98

Regards

Mikey C
(Who has probably lost the plot)

member

                          Team AMIGA

2. unwanted junk mail

3. AmigaOS V4 - The future AmigaOS - Visions of future times ...

4. Real Newbie question

5. Windows NT: Future OS of the Amiga?

6. How to get tabs working in an ATL modeless dialog?

7. CBM Discusses Future Am.

8. Weitek Power 9100 tested with miromagic 40 pv

9. OS 3.9 and future Amigas

10. Future Amiga OS

11. Iwin future OS (Operating System) plans?

12. Multi-OS computer (was: The real future

13. Future OS suggestions