Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga a

Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga a

Post by Rober » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 03:38:27

Quote:> software written for the Atari, but I don't think that there is much
> going on now, whereas the larger userbase the Amiga enjoyed until
> recently has allowed more current software to be written (Bars and Pipes

Recently?

Bars and Pipes isn't NEW to the Amiga.  It's had outstanding MIDI sequencers
for a number of years now.

There's nothing recent about it.

 ** UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY - PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHAREWARE CONCEPT **
---

Post by Rober » Fri, 28 Oct 1994 02:27:09

> > standards that Cubase Audio 16 is at.  Amiga might have had MIDI
> > capabilities, but software designers saw the Atari as being the one to
> > develop for, as a result show me a program as powerful as Cubase Audio
> > 16 on the Amiga?

Bars and Pipes professional does EVERYTHING Cubase can do and ALOT more.

 ** UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY - PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHAREWARE CONCEPT **
---
 | AmiQWK 2.5 | I am Tweety of Borg.  I tawt I attimiwated a Puddy Tat!

1. Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga advoca

!
! > ! The DSP is useful, but limited because it's only an integer uint. I'll keep
! > ! my 25MHz 68882 thanks.
! >
! > It's not an integer unit, it's a fixed-point unit. You can argue that
! > fixed point is really integer*2, but it's still more useful than a
! > true integer unit.
!
! Not much, it just saves you a couple of shift operations. It's a lot less useful
! than full floating point.

I'm not convinced there are that many applications where a 48bit fixed
point number isn't accurate enough. Even raytracers have (allegedly)
been ported, specifically POV, although I've yet to get my hands on it.

ATB,
        Simon.
--

2. openssh-2.5.2p2 and argv[0]

3. Atari is a games machine, claims Amiga advocate!

4. Sounds - Please assist

5. War Games C64,Atari,Apple,Atari ST

6. No noble talent-Turn around a nd walks the "Razor Edge

7. Can games be claimed as depedents?

8. "HOW TO RETRIEVE PARTIAL FILE CONTENT through FTP"

9. Am I reading comp.sys.amiga.games.virtual.karting???

10. Commodore makes "Amiga" a game machine

11. Amiga CD32 Game Machine With Floppy Drive Question?

12. Amiga game machine