Options for turning A1200 into a tower

Post by Rick » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone have any recommended sources for turning a stock 1200 into a
tower system?  Is it possible?  Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rick Raborn

Post by Scott Konowa » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone have any recommended sources for turning a stock 1200 into a
> tower system?  Is it possible?  Any information is greatly appreciated.

I'd have to recommend a Power Tower from Power Computing. Nice, sturdy
case and very simple to install your mobo. Also includes a decent PC
keyboard adaptor. You might have to do a little hacking to get all the
frills working 100%.

Post by Olivier Fabr » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > Does anyone have any recommended sources for turning a stock 1200 into a
> > tower system?  Is it possible?  Any information is greatly appreciated.
> I'd have to recommend a Power Tower from Power Computing. Nice, sturdy
> case and very simple to install your mobo. Also includes a decent PC
> keyboard adaptor. You might have to do a little hacking to get all the
> frills working 100%.

I did not buy my tower from PowerC, but I suppose the keyb adapt is the same
(from Elbox). If so, it is *not* a good keyboard adapter : ctrl keys are
considered as amiga keys until you actually press an amiga key (this one
bugged me for a long time before I found the trick), sometimes the keyboard
isn't recognized at power on, and you have to power off/on to make it work
(unless maybe if you have a working hard reset switch on the tower); and
finally multiple key presses (like up and right cursor keys at the same
time) are *not* recognized :-(( .

--
  // Olivier Fabre - StAn_ on IRCnet
\X/  A1200  Apollo 1260  Pixel64  APNet  4.3GB  E/Box  OS3.5

1. Advice: A1200 tower case options

Hi all,

        I was just wondering what kind of options I have for putting my
A1200 in a tower case. It seems everything in this arena is in Germany.
Are there any North American companies that stock cases and are they on
the Web?

        Also any experiences in purchasing them and which one is the best
are also appreciated.

        ***Please e-mail responses - I don't read here often enough***

Thanks,
Mark

2. Missing Recycle Bin

3. Tower options (A1200) + Siamese

4. The real deal on emulation for N64, Sega Saturn and SonyPlaystation!

5. What options are there to put A4000 in a tower ?

6. Service & Support

7. Tower options

8. OS/2, MMPM/2, Roland SCC-1, and MIDI -- help

9. A3000 upgrade Tower Options?

10. options for putting 4000 in tower

11. A3000 towering options?

12. A1200 Towers - does "Winner" = "Power" Tower?

13. Tower Hawk II vs Power Tower (A1200)