Warp Re: All HAIL O/S King Bill GATES, ON LETTERMAN Monday 11/27/95.

Post by d.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>Team OS/2 member.  Available to answer Warp questions.

>Well as a Warp user you will surely be familiar with sticking with a
>version of an OS, while others progress, you stand still.

What in the hell are you talking about?  OS/2 users get OS updates
every 18 months.  And on another level, Windows95 is only now where OS/2
2.0 was _years_ ago.  OS/2 Warp 3 can stay 'as is' for years to come and
remains a more sophisticated operating system.

Quote:>New applications ?
>Oops, too bad, they won't run under Warp.

Good, I prefer the native OS/2 apps which do not crash, are multithreaded, and
operate in an object-oriented graphical user interface.

Quote:>I was at a computer exhibition
>this weekend and they were unloading Warp for $10, straight from the
>pallets. Doesn't sound like they are really selling it to make a profit,

While I haven't been to a computer exhibition before, my understanding
was that you get things for *free* there.  Can I not as easily deduce that
OS/2 Warp is so hot, they can actually get away with covering their
production costs?

Quote:>sounds like IBM is dumping it to return to the core business - hardware.

IBM does it all.  You're pulling this out of thin air.

Quote:>Do you really seriously expect a new Warp version ?

Of course.  When is it tentatively scheduled for release?

Quote:>Face it, this is what
>you will have to stick with, unless you blow it away and switch to 95.

Even if I did, my OS/2 Warp would remain far superior to Windows95.
If it is going to be sluggish on an 8M machine, at least it could be
multitasking-ly responsive!

>  Rob J. Nauta      | yesterday, I didn't come your way. Now time is moving on,

Daniel A. Stephenson

1. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating systems.

And the financial institutions should enforce that limit.  Of course,
if you do use more than that, you would have to get into bank switching...

                -Richard Hartman

--
"We laugh at honor, but are surprised to find traitors in our midst..."
                -C. S. Lewis

2. Isn't there a real fix for VSS / antivirus issue?

3. Slient install - Win32 Mysql

4. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating , systems.

5. VILE Binaries

6. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating systems.

7. Anyone has a definitive word on this?

8. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operating , systems.

9. All HAIL Bill GATES, Windows Forever, the KING of all Operat