Need info on CBM's installer program

Post by Donald R Llo » Wed, 20 May 1992 00:36:35

     Can anyone supply me with any information on CBM's Installer program?

     Is it freely distributable?  I'd like to include an Installer-based
install script with a shareware product I'm working on.  I already have
the executable (from several recent commercial purchases where it's been
included) but would like to know the legality of distributing it.

     Where can I find documentation for it?  I've been able to "reverse
engineer" some of its functionality by looking at the scripts that installed
ADPro 2.1 and HotLinks, but a full set of docs would be nice.

Need info on CBM's installer program

Post by Fabbian G. Dufoe, I » Thu, 21 May 1992 08:27:05

   The March/April 1992 issue of "Amiga Mail News" had an article on
Installer.  It said

      Installer is [a] hard disk installation utility written by David
   Joiner.  It offers three user-selectable modes of installation: Novice,
   Intermediate, and Expert.  In novice mode, the installation script
   handles making any installation decisions.  The Intermediate and Expert
   modes allow the user different degrees of control over the installation.
   Installer uses a Lisp-like scripting language.

      Currently, the latest versions of Installer and AmigaGuide are only
   available through Commodore's closed electronic developer conferences.
   At a later date, we plan to create release disks for these products and
   make them available on disk and to non-registered developers.

--Fabbian G. Dufoe, III
   350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South   | GEnie:    F.DUFOE3

   813-823-2350                   | uucp:     ...tct!deep6!nifty!fgd3

1. Commodore's Installer program - Where/How?

     I've seen a number of recent applications that make use of CBM's new
installer program, and would like to include it with a shareware project
I'm gradually working on.  Where can I obtain docs for writing my own
install script?  Is the installer freely redistributable?

     Along the same lines... when are non-developers going to be able to
get a look at AmigaGuide?

2. Address book and OLE

3. NEED:Installer Program for OS2.1!!!

4. Outlook 98 and PocketPC 2002

5. NEEDED: deTeX and info on Installer

6. protecting your mail server from viruses

7. CBM's BID - more info

8. fs:jeep and Cadillac

9. Q: GVP GForce 030 v/s CBM A2630 - need info

10. CBM 1950 Monitor: Transistor info needed

11. HELP: Need Beginner info on X11 'GUI' on Amiga!

12. Need info on 'SimpleRexx'

13. Need CBM's Ed Discount Price List