ANSI ListView gadgets

Post by D. Keletsek » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

Probably a stupid question, but, is it possible to have a GatTools ListView
gadget interpret ANSI sequences for things like bold/underlined/colored
letters ??

I've tried giving it the escape sequences, but it just shows them as they are.
It doesn't understand or interpret them.

Thanks for any help,
dimitris

ANSI ListView gadgets

Post by Christopher Na » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

>Probably a stupid question, but, is it possible to have a GatTools ListView
>gadget interpret ANSI sequences for things like bold/underlined/colored
>letters ??
>I've tried giving it the escape sequences, but it just shows them as they
>are. It doesn't understand or interpret them.

Write a hook and use it in GTLV_CallBack. The hook could interpret ANSI
sequences (or any other kind of data) to whatever you wanted.

--

LoungeBar Development        o  WWW:   http://www.sn.no/~christon/
Former Reg. Amiga Developer  o  IRC:   KarmaComa

ANSI ListView gadgets

Post by Magnus Holmgr » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

In a message of 22 May 96, D. wrote to :

 DK> Probably a stupid question, but, is it possible to have a GatTools
 DK> ListView gadget interpret ANSI sequences for things like
 DK> bold/underlined/colored letters ??

Sort of. If you run under OS 3.0 you can supply a custom render hook. That
one can do the parsing.

 DK> I've tried giving it the escape sequences, but it just shows them as
 DK> they are. It doesn't understand or interpret them.

Yes, it basically does a simple Text() on the string.

--
Magnus Holmgren - Amiga programmer and enthusiast

ANSI ListView gadgets

Post by Yvon Rozi » Fri, 24 May 1996 04:00:00

:
: Probably a stupid question, but, is it possible to have a GatTools ListView
: gadget interpret ANSI sequences for things like bold/underlined/colored
: letters ??

You could let the gadget use your own call back hook. (OS 3.0+ I think).

--
                 ___                                   _
   Q          : |  #|           :  \|/  http://www. : [_]_

  / \  Rozijn : `---' xs4all.nl :  /|\  ~yrozijn    :     O  4000

1. No symbols at Cinema4D's listview gadgets

Is there anyone who can explain me, why MaxonCinema4D doesn't display
its object type symbols at the left side of it management listviews ?
After a HD crash I had to reinstall it, since it doesn't display these
symbols again. Do I need a special library or gadget class ?

        Bye Matthias

2. minimized NSE not restoring on W2K

3. How to make an empty ListView gadget in GadTools?

4. Test Cases ( need help )

5. Listview gadget with GadTools

6. Soln: HP DeskJet 800 series problem

7. Multiple Select Listview Gadget

8. Help with Listview Gadget, PLZ!!!

9. resizing gadtools listview gadget.

10. Requester and Listview gadget!!

11. Listview-Gadget

12. Hmmm. Multi-item selection in ListView gadget??