Amiga UNIX?

Post by Jim Perkows » Sat, 10 Dec 1994 01:43:38

Whatever happened to the PD/SW UNIX ports that were coming to the
Amiga?

--
_________________________

Amiga UNIX?

Post by Michael Gree » Mon, 12 Dec 1994 04:06:00

Quote:> Whatever happened to the PD/SW UNIX ports that were coming to the
> Amiga?

Get NetBSD 1.0, I'm running it on my A2000.

> --
> _________________________

                PGP Key available by request.

... "...people who have no vices have very few virtues."  -- A. Lincoln
 * Q-Blue 1.0 *

Amiga UNIX?

Post by Angus Marsha » Tue, 13 Dec 1994 22:28:50

> Whatever happened to the PD/SW UNIX ports that were coming to the
> Amiga?

They've arrived. I'm running NetBSD/Amiga 1.0 at home just now. Check
comp.unix.amiga for more info.

Dept. of Maths & Comp. Sci.,Univ. of Abertay Dundee,Bell St.,Dundee DD1 1HG,UK
                      .aeS hsirI eht ssorca samtsirhC rof sdrawkcab gniklaw m`I
(angilliM .S)  .em rof gniht ynlo eht  s`ti samtsirhC rof sdrawkcab gniklaw m`I

1. Amiga Unix 2.03 UNIX SVR4

Well, this is certainly good news!
  As I was one of three developers meeting with David Pleasance,
general manager of Commodore Trading B.V.  (about to become manager of
Amiga consumer sales in the US, I think it is) and Lars Kirstein,
product and market manager CBM Scandinavia, for an hour and a half
when they came to Finland the other day, I'd like to kill a
long-running myth in the Amiga world as well. The myth is that CBM
managers & marketing are <*censored* -ed.>.  From the way these two
guys handled an unrelated matter (ie. non Amiga unix), it turns out
that they know both how to listen and how to make things happen. Now
if the same could be said about all managers... :-)

Followups directed to comp.sys.amiga.advocacy.

-- Leonard

2. 5 1/4" SyDos Drive in A4000/040?!?!?!?!

3. Amiga UNIX and "normal" Amiga computers

4. Problems with TEC card (TOS 2.06)

5. Amiga UNIX 2.1 coming to Australia, Maybe!

6. Routing with gateways - why doesn't it work?

7. Amiga UNIX can be the best choice too

8. Adding Symmetric Multiprocessing to Amiga UNIX.

9. Tape drive, Amiga Unix

10. Wanted: Tape drive to install Amiga UNIX

11. Amiga Unix